We are growing quickly and we need an exceptional Marketing & Community Manager or Director to join our team. If you are the marketing Swiss-Knife, who can think strategically, while also having the grit to roll up their sleeves and execute with speed, passion, and excellence, and have the passion for decentralization, and help us rebuilding the world’s financial infrastructure, we want to hear from you.
You will have the opportunity to be the first member of our team to begin building out the marketing operation for our organization. Your scope will be quite broad and you will have the opportunity to continue growing in responsibility over time.
This role is open to both Director and Manager-level individuals, and title will be determined based on the profile of the applicant.We are open to applicants being based globally and this role can be remote.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Marketing Strategy: Set Acala’s marketing strategy across channels and target audiences, with input from Acala’s lead team
- Community Building: Lead community-building programs to expand our developer community, non-technical community, and new geographies
- Social Media Strategy: Lead our social media strategy and execution across all channels in a manner that aligns with Web 3.0 values
- Relationship Building: Be the main point of contact and build strong 1:1 relationships with key individuals and contributors around the Acala community
- Content Creation: Communicate the narrative and value of Acala to its community via planning, writing and editing educational content.
- Community Point of Contact: Own all English language community channels including Telegram, Discord, Riot/Element
- Product Marketing: Work cross-functionally with marketing and engineering teams to effectively launch new services, features, campaigns through the community
- Events and Hackathons: Plan and run regular in-person events (pending covid), online events, and online/offline hackathons for the developer and non-technical communities
- Agency Management: Manage the relationship and strategy with any external marketing or PR agencies that Acala may engage
- Leadership: Build relationships with other projects and organizations in the industry, being an influential voice for Acala
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-6 years (Manager) or 7-10+ years (Director) of marketing experience
- Must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and quick learner that requires very little oversight
- Must be a pleasure to work with, flexible, and easy-going
- Self-motivated and capable of setting goals and seeing projects through to completion
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and can adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- You have strong personal organization and project management abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, build rapport and relate to others in both written and verbal forms
- Native or Fluent English
- Basic understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrency industry
- Experience in a fast-paced startup in blockchain, fintech, or banking
- Experience building community, ideally with a technical audience
- Analytical and data-driven approach to building and nurturing communities
- Experienced in facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with empathy, judgment, and tact
- Thinking like a developer and have a passion for making developers happy; even better, you know how to code
- A solid understanding of relevant blockchain technology and communities highly preferred
- Join one of the most significant upcoming launches in the blockchain industry
- Join an extremely high-performing team
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Collaborative, transparent and empowering work culture
- Flexible work time
- Meaningful work in creating better technologies for a fairer future
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds. Our team not only have the most influential Substrate contributor and course lecturer, but also iTunes awarded app developers, part-time artists, competitive CS players, a snowboard coach, and a marathon runner.
We look forward to meeting you.