AlphaPoint, a leading blockchain provider, is seeking a talented Technical Operations/DevOps Engineer to join our team!
This individual will be a crucial member of our Infrastructure group, helping to solve technical problems and providing direct impact on the development of AlphaPoint’s infrastructure.
This DevOps Engineer’s primary focus will be mitigating technical issues and maintaining overall health of our core software systems.
AlphaPoint’s back-end elements are built using dotnetcore, custom messaging mechanisms over multiple transport protocols, with customized persistence and storage mechanisms, all optimized for high-volume enterprise-class real-time access-controlled data processing.
The Technical Operations Engineer will participate in the deployment, monitoring, and management of all AlphaPoint environments, including hardware, operating systems, custom software, and networking elements.
The Technical Operations/DevOps Engineer will also participate in the development of the DevOps functions of the department and the continuous improvement of the company’s SDLC practices.
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on diagnosing and troubleshooting computer systems.
- Contribute to maintaining and building our cloud infrastructure (Azure, OnPrem, cloud hosting).
- Participate in managing security systems, firewalls, and load balancing.
- Contribute to our scripting work using Python, PowerShell, and Bash, while understanding how our automation strategies integrate into a unified solution.
- Liaise with Engineers on the AlphaPoint development team to resolve technical challenges
- Participate in solution development/delivery, using our products and platforms.
- Triage and mitigate technical support issues and software bugs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience with basic scripting and programming experience.
- At least 3 year of experience working directly with Linux/Unix and Windows administration.
- At least 1 year of experience dealing with containers such as Docker or Kubernetes
- At least 3 year of experience with scripting such as PowerShell and Bash
- At least 3 year of experience working in a DevOps/TechOps capacity.
- At least 1 year of experience working with SQL/MySQL queries, scripting, administration.
Strongly Desired Experience:
- Experience with emerging blockchain technologies is a nice to have
- Experience supporting trading or exchange software developed in-house.
- At least 1 year of experience with TCP/IP and Firewall experience.
- At least 1 year of experience working with virtualization – Hyper-V or VMware.
- At least 1 year of experience working in the cloud such as Azure or AWS.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Linux/Unix administration.
- At least 3 years of experience with scripting such as PowerShell or Bash