We’re looking for the cream of the crop when it comes to a CMO. We’re in search of someone who will plan, implement, and optimize online and offline content and communications programs that help tell our story.
You will drive brand and product awareness, and engage with journalists, influencers, investors, and customers with compelling content. You will be a passionate brand storyteller and evangelist. You will direct resources, timelines, and budgets to meet ambitious growth goals.
While we’d prefer a CMO candidate based in Boston, MA or Cambridge, MA, we’re open to the right candidate working remotely.
Chief Marketing Officer Responsibilities:
- Lead Content & Communications planning, execution, and metrics reporting, inclusive of content creation and curation, PR, influencer marketing, social media coordination, and partnership co-marketing
- Develop proactive short and long-form content, communications, and PR strategies and initiatives, and coordinate execution with internal team and external partners
- Work with CEO to articulate key messaging for audiences
- Lead the Community Outreach and Social Media associates to drive the Content and Communications calendar for internal (blog, website, community), and external channels and submissions, including white papers, reports, articles, scripts, byline/contributed content, speaking opportunities, and awards
- Brainstorm and develop pitch, article, and editorial ideas in partnership with internal thought leaders and media contacts
- Write compelling press releases, media pitches, white papers, blog entries, and contributed articles
- Pitch press briefings and create all materials needed for media tours, including briefing sheets, summaries, and presentations
- Build and expand relationships with blockchain, cloud, IT/developer, technology, business, and consumer media and online influencer contacts
- Plan and produce thought leadership, press, and partner engagement events
- Partner with Community Managers to align content, PR, and social media efforts
- Track and report content and communications program results and metrics
- Exceptional storytelling, written, and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years in technology or finance Marketing and Communications; blockchain, cloud, SaaS, AI, or developer experience preferred
- Strong track record of delivering excellent media results.
- Inquisitive mindset, with awareness of current market trends.
- Knowledge of search optimization and content marketing best practices a big plus
- Exceptional project and timeline management; strong attention to detail
- Growth mindset and problem solver
- Great design and data sensibilities
- Deep empathy and collaborative
- Passionate and ambitious
- Organized and self-aware of what you do not know. We do not hold a lack of experience against you. It is, however, a requirement that you have a willingness to learn quickly and nimbly.
Please note that all of our staff members go through a 30-day probationary period prior to receiving their first direct deposit and a 90-day probationary period prior to becoming eligible for healthcare benefits through Amalgam.