We are looking for a new CTO to provide best-in-class technical leadership in all Amalgam ventures. You will communicate and collaborate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are developed to the highest standard. You should be a strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
We are looking for someone who is obsessed with new technology trends and business concepts and excited by the opportunity to reimagine the way that brands reach their audience in real life locations.
You will be working on implementing several different databases, integrating cloud storage endpoints, and building custom software solutions from whitelabelled product packages, among other things.
Experience with UI design is a major plus, but not required.
While we prefer a CTO based in the Northeast US, we are open to remote work for the right candidate
Chief Technology Officer Responsibilities:
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Lead the immediate development of Amalgam’s Zeo, KNOX and TRAQ softwares
- Work closely with the CEO to hire and build a team of junior developers
- Working in conjunction with our remote development staff
- Monitor and manage the development of all Amalgam products within the 2020 Fall/Winter lineup.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Proven experience as a Sr. Engineer managing teams
- 3+ years of verifiable experience developing full stack solution
- Experience working with UX/UI design teams
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving aptitude
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred but not required.
Our stacks will include, but will not be limited to:
- React Native
Please note that all of our staff members go through a 30-day probationary period prior to receiving their first direct deposit and a 90-day probationary period prior to becoming eligible for healthcare benefits through Amalgam.