We’re currently looking for a Social Media Associate to help elevate the Amalgam brand and increase our product’s visibility, through building relationships and communicating with potential customers using popular social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter and Telegram.
Our Social Media Associate (SMA) will work with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and Community Outreach Associate (COA) to improve marketing efforts, increase traffic and lead to eventual client/customer adoption through world-class content and professional engagement strategies.
As a Social Media Associate, you should have the ability to combine marketing and social media management skills to architect and enhance company social media presence, including interacting with customers, promoting brand-focused interactive and engaging content, and expanding opportunities for revenue
Social Media Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Research best-practices, consult the Amalgam team and experts to develop, implement and execute a world-class social media strategy for all products. Determine and deliver against KPIs for each product.
- Execute the social media strategy on all our social media accounts.
- Use the best tools on the market to track and measure our performance against our competitors. Optimize our social media channels to improve traffic, conversion, referrals, retention and revenue to our digital assets using a data-driven approach.
- Increase brand awareness by creating innovative, winning social media campaigns to engage with potential customers and generate high-quality leads.
- Ensure brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various product areas – from in-product experience through to off-page marketing efforts.
- Research and monitor the activity of company and product competitors. Report key findings to our Chief Marketing Officer that will improve our position.
- Create and distribute engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web pages, and blog content, or social media messages. Work on design and illustration to ensure content is informative and highly-relevant to our users and customers.
- Collaborate with Chief Marketing Officer and Community Outreach Associate to monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization approaches.
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network of highly-active users.
- Ensure engagement, shares and referrals are well above industry average on each social media channel.
- Provide and accept constructive feedback to the rest of the Amalgam team.
Core Skill Requirements:
- Strategy planning: You need to understand the big picture. How search, content and social media all work together. Need to outline goals, define the target audience and know what platforms will help to scale the efforts.
- Tactics and execution: Tactical execution is paramount to the success of any Community Outreach professional’s day to day job. You need to have attention to detail or to understand how to communicate complex ideas to the “average Joe” to maintain day to day accurate execution of the required tactics.
- Community management: Social media is about creating, observing, and responding to conversations within the brand community. Monitoring tweets, responding to Facebook posts, and engaging with brand advocates. It even means knowing how to respond to trolls and negative feedback.
- Creative mindset: Understanding the creative process that provides creative content that engages with the customers and touches their hearts and not just their minds.
- Writing skills: Should have a full understanding of the art and science of headline writing. Structuring the text for easy reading online. People will be skimming and scanning, so that means subtitles, bullet points, and numbering are part of the skillset.
- Analytical skills: Should have a full understanding of analytic tools to measure what works and what doesn’t in real-time. Moreover, should be able to prepare weekly and monthly analytical reports.