Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
This job will report into the UK MLRO who has responsibility and oversight for the establishment and maintenance of effective anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) policies and procedures, systems and controls for Coinbase’s UK entities.
The UK MLRO reports into the International Head of Compliance.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Review potential screening matches raised to Compliance for further investigation
- Liaise with US screening team, supporting information sharing and alignment of standards and practices where appropriate
- Liaise with Customer Experience screening analysts and review issues from Customer Experience Team
- Review confirmed Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and conduct Enhanced Due Diligence as required
- Raise confirmed PEPs to the MLRO for review and approval
- Act as a hub of expertise on financial crimes related screening, policy and procedures
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Experience conducting AML screening reviews in payments company or other financial services company
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong analytical skills
- Good understanding of financial crime risk typologies
- Understanding of the UK regulatory regime regarding PEPs
- Experience in conducted Enhanced Due Diligence on PEPs
- Experience in escalating confirmed PEPs to MLRO or delegate
- AML/Investigations related qualifications
Nice to haves:
- AML/Investigations related qualifications
- Understanding of the regulatory regime regarding PEPs in Ireland, Germany or Singapore
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Travel Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Corporate Gym Discounts
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Learning and Development stipend
- Pension plan with company match
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite
- Season ticket loan commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave