We’re looking for a energetic IT support candidate to help us keep things moving smoothly, help shape the way revolutionary new technology is introduced and adopted by new audiences all in a faced paced environment.
The ideal candidate will thrive on solving day to day issues that may arise, be comfortable dealing with Mac systems, add to our current knowledge base and help shape our overall approach to IT.
A little about us:
Axiom Zen is a startup that builds startups. Founded in 2012, we have built dozens of products and four standalone companies, serving hundreds of millions of consumers. Our companies include Dapper Labs (the makers of CryptoKitties, the world’s most popular blockchain game), ZenHub (improving developer productivity in startups and Fortune 500), and Routific (leading route optimization platform).
Axiom Zen was named first among Canada’s Most Innovative Companies in 2016. Born on February 28, 2018, Dapper Labs is the home of CryptoKitties. The group was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of blockchain technology through entertainment and play. Dapper Labs has an internal game studio as well as social platform and infrastructure teams that are building different products for the blockchain space. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, and Zynga, among others.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Supporting Axioms across the portfolio with all of their IT needs
- Working closely with our operations team to manage the tech in a highly dynamic, mobile workforce
- Acquiring tech for our ever expanding team
- Respond to incidents when they arise to restore operations
- Helping new Axioms get onboarded to their computers and setup for success
- Creating/updating documentation and user guides
A little about you:
- You are curious about technology and like to tinker with new things
- You are comfortable working with MacOS and supporting others with their issues
- You understand basic UNIX scripting and don’t shy away from the command line
- You are a natural troubleshooter, comfortable solving problems with no prior experience of the issue or product
- You are not afraid of A/V and aren’t a stranger to audio cables
- You are excited to learn about IT best practices and put that knowledge to work
- You have a strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build solid working relationships with everyone in the organization, from individual contributors to the CEO
- Like us, you believe in processes and the importance of planning, but you can roll with the punches and prioritise the most impactful tasks on the fly
More about Axiom Zen:
Axioms are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
At Axiom Zen we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Our people are what makes our team special – because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & remote work policy – as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development – we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements – stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment – in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies – We understand the importance and demands of a growing family.
In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.○ When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!