This is a fully remote role, affiliated with our Asia-based team.
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Who We Need
We’re building out the products and infrastructure that powers our business. Our stack is largely Elixir on the backend, so if you have Elixir or Erlang experience it would be a huge plus. That said, if you are a polyglot developer with a diverse background that includes seriousFunctional Programming chops, and you’re interested in learning you some elixir, then yes, please apply!
Regardless, you’ve definitely built out complex applications, either by yourself, or as part of a larger team, and have an (obsessive?) desire for maintainability.
What You’ll Do
The product teams at BlockFi encompass UX, UI, Design, and Engineering in a seamless cohesive whole. As part of that product team, you will
• Own the entire lifecycle for the components that you build, with these components ranging from features through products.
• Guide and coach your fellow engineers in your areas of expertise, and learn from them in theirs.
• Write code that – a year from now – you’ll be able to look at and notwonder what on earth you were thinking.
• Promote Reliability across all aspects of the system, and use the “Continuous Testing” part of CI/CD/CT to its fullest to help get there.
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping tens of thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
We’re not just fully remote, we also offer
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. Our engineers are creative, technical, smart, and genuinely like each other. They enjoy the work they do, and so should you!