We are looking for an experienced, Director of Accounting to join our company. As a growth-stage company we are looking for someone that is both able to lead the company’s accounting efforts and contribute individually. The Director of Accounting will be responsible for the full cycle accounting function including complex technical accounting. A Successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously and be deadline driven.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day activities of the accounting department, including transaction processing, account close process.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Lead technical accounting research, prepare technical accounting memos and communicate technical accounting conclusions to internal stakeholders and external auditors.
- Compile financial work-papers for audit /tax return preparation and work with external CPA firm to ensure timely/ accurate tax filings.
- Assist in short-term cash forecasting, prepare 13 week cash forecast.
- Improve & document accounting processes and procedures, responsible for carrying out SOX controls, including review of control activities
- Perform other special projects, historical research, and financial analysis and any additional duties as assigned.
- Think outside the box on how we can improve our processes to enable growth.
- Proactively resolve issues and maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Work closely with the Executive leadership team on daily operations and major business transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent field required.
- CPA is required. Strong understanding of US GAAP & SOX required.
- 9-10 years of general accounting experience (preferable Big 4 public accounting firm)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system preferred.
- Experience with purchase accounting and establishing newco reporting preferred
- Experience in Crypto Currency industry preferred.
- Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks required.
- Excellent communication and writing skills required.
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of management
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, swiftly-changing environment
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer
Location: Palo Alto, CA.
BitGo, Inc. provides multi-signature blockchain wallet solutions to securely store customers’ digital assets on a software-as-a-service basis to its customers in addition to providing a digital lending platform.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, spouse/partner and children (medical, vision, dental, life, FSA, HSA)
- 401k company match up to 5%
- Catered custom lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee at the office
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Generous paid time off
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.