BitGo is the market leader in institutional-grade cryptocurrency investment services providing security, compliance, and custodial solutions for blockchain-based currencies.
BitGo is the world’s largest processor of on-chain bitcoin transactions, processing 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and $15 billion per month across all cryptocurrencies.
The company has over $2 billion in assets in wallet, and a customer base that includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and spans more than 50 countries.
In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo is backed by Craft Ventures, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure.
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
Qualified engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
This position will be located in Europe, preferably Switzerland, Germany or nearby countries.
- Implementing changes to production infrastructure where uptime is key
- Maintain high availability of the service
- Be a member of the operations response team (on-call)
- Facilitate deployment of new code
- Support operational monitoring and alerting
- Ensure reliability and availability to logging platform
- Maintain our microservices stack on Kubernetes and AWS
- Support deployment strategy – automation, scripting, workflow
- Automation, infrastructure as code
Required Skills & Experience:
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, take full ownership for their work and projects, and believe in transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful.
- 10+ years Linux administration
- Fluency with: AWS, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm, Terraform
- Fluency with Bash, Python
- Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
- Knowledge of immutable infrastructure design a plus: SquashFS, embedded systems, Unikernels
- Experience with monkey testing suites a plus. E.g simian army, kube-monkey, pumba
- Strong security background
- Ability and experience to work remotely.
- Experience in Red/blue team, CTF, or documented CVE discoveries
- A demonstrated working knowledge of:
- Low level unix understanding. E.g. /proc, filesystems, kernel modules
- Low level debugging techniques. E.g. strace, inotify, /proc, LD_PRELOAD
- Linux kernel security features. E.g. seccomp, pam, cgroups, permissions
- Common attack classes: E.g: XSS, Buffer Overflows, Social Engineering.
- Familiarity with CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Familiarity with Rust, Java, C
- Interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency space
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Benefits in accordance to your country’s location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.