100x Group explores, incubates and pursues opportunities and investments, as part of its mission to reshape the modern digital financial system into one which is inclusive and empowering. It has been created by Arthur Hayes, Ben Delo and Sam Reed, the founders of HDR Global Trading, the company behind the cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, BitMEX.
As a Senior NodeJS Engineer at 100x Group, you are an engineer with experience in design and implementation of fast, real-time web APIs. The BitMEX API is written in NodeJS and carefully tuned for performance. If you’re right for this role you should understand V8’s internals and performance characteristics, have an interest in new technology, significant professional experience with NodeJS, and a passion to grow as an engineer on this platform.
We develop with the latest tools, on a fully automated DevOps and testing/deployment environment, with a security- and performance-forward mindset.
- Design and development of the public BitMEX APIs and internal library services
- New feature implementation, bug fixing, and performance tuning
- Working closely with the Frontend and Engine teams to integrate new features and unique consumer-facing products
- Exploring and evaluating new stack components and architecture ideas as necessary
- Regularly reviewing code
- Four or more years of professional experience beyond your CS education (BS or advanced degree), including project responsibility
- Intimate experience with JS and JS performance characteristics
- Experience with NodeJS and WebSockets
- Experience building scalable systems
- Experience with containers, Redis, pub/sub, and NATS a plus
- Experience delivering real-time data over the web
- Ability to manage your workload and simultaneously develop several features and bugfixes
- Familiarity with current industry coding practices, design patterns, frameworks, and deployment and testing automation
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred