Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how Latin Americans think about and use their monetary resources. To achieve this, we’ll provide hundreds of millions of individuals across Latin America with fast, cost-efficient, and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency, or encrypted monetary resources, does not rely on an intermediary to give it legitimacy or value. Instead, it is valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that runs it. We think it’s time for Latin Americans to have an alternative form of currency.
What we value:
- Passion, technical expertise, and personal accomplishments.
- Independent ownership of business problems and their solutions.
- Solid engineering skills (e.g. design patterns, automated testing, fault-tolerant systems).
- Passion for aggressively automating everything we do.
- Developers who can navigate around a Linux box and a production environment.
- Experience with using open source tools and participating in open source projects.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done.
- Design and develop fault tolerant, reliable, scalable and secure production infrastructure.
- Develop systems and tools to enable hands-off deployment and management of production software.
- Propose and implement solutions as and when problems arise.
- Guide engineers on the creation of Docker scripts, Terraform, Jenkins and K8s maps, etc.
- Own and implement robust monitoring solutions to identify issues proactively.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer.
- Experience Terraform (ideally on AWS).
- Have experience with AWS infrastructure – AWS Lambda, AWS Aurora, etc;
- English language proficiency.
- Living in Mexico City or remote.
Additionally, it would be nice if you:
- Experience with Kubernetes
- general database management / DBA;
- coding in a wide variety of languages.
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science.
- Are passionate about cryptocurrencies and fintech.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across Latin America
- Culture: you’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes debate, jokes, discussions, chess, video games, and occasional Catan matches.
- People: you’ll work with some of the most driven and smart people in the crypto space in Latin America.
- Venue: forget room with a view, get an office with a view of Mexico City
- Salary: we pay at the top of the market.
- Work Status: regardless of your citizenship, we will sponsor you to legally work in Mexico.
- Health Insurance: we offer one of the best medical plans.
- Performance Bonus: your hard work will be rewarded with a juicy incentive-based bonus.
- Unlimited Free Days: we want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office.