Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring engineers! We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
The development team is small. We are passionate about uptime, code correctness, and quality and we are hiring additional engineers that share our values to help build the next generation of solutions and trading tools.
In particular, we are looking for someone to lead our Wallet Engineering team. This team plays a crucial role in enabling Bittrex to offer customers access to new, exciting blockchain projects while securing their assets. Candidates for this role will have a strong software engineering background, must be serious about quality and security, and be excited to lead a team of engineers.
The Team Lead (Wallet Engineering) will guide a team of engineers to:
- Build and extend Wallet services to facilitate integration of new tokens onto the Bittrex platform
- Drive enhancements to our Wallet service architecture to improve scalability, maintainability, and configurability
- Implement tooling and automation to further streamline operational support
- Build new Wallet products and features in alignment with Bittrex business initiatives
- Nurture an awareness/understanding of blockchain developments with the rest of the organization to surface opportunities for technical and business innovation
- 7 to 10 years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience developing in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++)
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and RESTful API design
- Experience with development on Windows and Linux (or Unix-style) OSes
- Proficient in object-oriented analysis and design and application of software design patterns
- Experience building data-driven software components with enterprise relational database systems (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Git
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Understanding of cryptography and security fundamentals
- Understanding of blockchain technologies, peer networking, smart contracts, etc.
- Experience building services on cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS)
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances