Qualifications No qualifications
ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain research and development firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Cosmos, Polkadot and Filecoin technology. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released Files which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralized alternative to cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
What you might want to know before reading on: Our stack is progressive and open-source and includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript. We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Web3.js, Forest, Gossamer and Ethermint. We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors (who can commit to a minimum of 35 hours a week).For those local to Toronto, our casual, open-concept office in Chinatown has meeting rooms, lounge areas, and space to pull up a chair.
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
Who we need
The ideal candidate would be a software developer with a deep passion for research and development, a math background, and blockchain experience.
Who you are
You are passionate about decentralization and blockchain. You like solving complex problems and do not give up until a solution is found. You value practicality over perfection. You like learning new things and explaining them to people. You are good at reviewing and writing long research documents.This role will provide an opportunity to be up-to-date with the latest innovations around blockchain technology. The right candidate would be motivated to be both an observer and a driver of these innovations. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. Every project is on the cutting-edge and quite often we’re figuring things out as we go, so continuous learning and teaching is the norm.
What’s in it for you
It goes without saying that the work we do at ChainSafe will offer you the most significant technical challenges you can imagine – and some that you can’t. Over and above that, you will gain:Peer and community recognition. You want to make a meaningful contribution to the open source work that is driving the Web3 infrastructure and blockchain space forward, becoming a master of the domain. We are actively contributing to the Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Cosmos, Polkadot, and Filecoin ecosystems and are open to contributing to other Web3 ecosystems where we see the merit.
Mentorship – and the chance to lead. You want to be mentored by experts in bleeding-edge technology and the services we build and support, with an opportunity to mentor and facilitate learning and growth for those newer to the work.Fulfillment.You want to work with the best people, on cutting edge technologies, contributing to an incredible range of projects that have an impact individually and as a whole.
- Investigate and estimate new development projects and product integrations
- Figure out the best way to implement new features for company products and write specifications for them
- Discuss technical details of projects with clients and codify requirements, deliverables, & milestones
- Write implementation guidelines and review implementations
- Assess the state of software dependencies
- Communicate implementation requirements and explain ambiguities to developers
- Familiar with the entire blockchain stack including front end, back end, smart contracts, & protocol layers
- Experience building blockchain protocols or applications
- Ability to break down complicated concepts into simple language
- Deep understanding of cryptography and security in the context of blockchain
- Understanding of distributed systems & peer-to-peer network protocols
- Experience writing white papers, technical articles, thesis, etc
- Experience with open-source development
- Experience writing articles or blog posts
- Product or business development experience