Block.one is a software publisher specialising in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralised applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform, following its introduction in May 2018.
Through its affiliate, Block.one Hong Kong provides software development and consultancy services through its office in Central, Hong Kong. We are continuing to look for global and local talent to join us in Hong Kong to offer creative solutions based on the latest technological innovations and trends.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Lead and act as the key point of contact for all accounting and financial reporting matters across Block.one’s operations.
- Design and implement fit-for-purpose financial reporting policies, processes, automated tools and systems, taking into account the diverse nature and maturity of Block.one’s operations. Be willing to build from the ground up.
- Establish and implement appropriate internal controls over financial reporting. Work with business partners to demonstrate the benefit of a robust and transparent control environment.
- Lead preparation of all financial and regulatory reporting for the organization at the Group and individual entities level. Establish consistency in accounting and reporting policies across the organization.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable process and identify improvement opportunities to enhance process efficiency.
- Support the business performance review process through continuous performance monitoring, providing short and long-range outlooks and contributions to high quality commercial decisions.
- Establish and manage the relationship with Block.one’s external auditor and other professional advisors.
- Working with the Treasury team, maintain appropriate disciplines around cash flow management and develop appropriate cash flow forecasting tools.
- Working with the Head of Tax, contribute to taxation reporting, compliance and planning across multiple jurisdictions.
- Working with the Head of Business Development and Strategic Initiatives and the Strategy team, provide advice on accounting treatment and implications on reporting and tax compliance on acquisition opportunities and other strategic initiatives.
- Develop the Group Finance team’s capability across all operating and support areas, including coaching and development of junior members.
- Be prepared to get hands-on and expand sphere of influence in resolving issues and exploiting new opportunities as they arise.
Experience & qualifications
- BA in Finance/Accounting or relevant subject.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant and relevant industry experience at a management level is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in IFRS and a good understanding of US GAAP with a good comprehension of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strong technical capabilities into commercial judgement.
- Experience in listed/sizeable organizations is preferred, in addition to the ability to adjust to a fast-growing and dynamic start-up environment. Must be willing to take on new challenges and be adaptive to a fast-paced work environment where new business initiatives are frequently introduced.
- Demonstrate flexibility in providing support to the wider Group Finance team when needed.
- Experience in a technology, R&D, financial services or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proven record of leadership and accomplishment in a multi-national environment.
- A team player and has demonstrated ability to collaborate across distances and organizational boundaries. Able to work effectively with people from varied professional disciplines and culture.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with Workday or Oracle financial systems is preferred, solid understanding of IT and other business systems in terms of leveraging these systems to enhance functional efficiencies.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to earn the respect and trust of peers, seniors and subordinates, so as to win their support and cooperation.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.