Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as
the first performant blockchain platform, following its introduction in May 2018.
Through its affiliate, Block.one Hong Kong provides software development and consultancy services through its office in Central, Hong Kong. We are continuing to look for global and local talent to join us in Hong Kong to offer creative solutions based on the latest technological innovations and trends.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Be recognized as the business partner to work collaboratively with cross country business unit leaders and functional leaders to address their planning, budgeting and management reporting needs.
- Prepare monthly forecasts, quarterly reforecasts and annual operating plan, in collaboration with business units and functional team members.
- Together with the Senior FP&A Manager, provide timely monthly management reports and work closely with the financial accounting team to ensure that management reports provide accurate and fit-for-purpose information for the Executive Committee.
- Design and implement cost allocation methodologies across all Block.one’s businesses, and review methodologies periodically to fit the business development.
- Provide high-quality financial analysis and commentary for presentation to the
- Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Take initiatives in designing and standardizing financial analysis to contribute to, among other things, acquisition opportunities, project execution, risk management and investor relations.
- Work closely with HR, providing finance views and support in driving headcount forecast and resources allocation to optimize spend for the organization.
- Work closely with Procurement and Legal to develop proper review and approval processes for procurement requests.
- Be prepared to get hands-on and expand sphere of influence in resolving issues and exploiting new opportunities as they arise.
- Lead and act as the key point of contact for select key finance and business initiatives across Block.one.
- Design and implement fit-for-purpose financial models, business cases, information databases and governance processes. Be willing to build from the ground up.
- Collaborate with various teams for the required support from and input into investment decisions (including Investment Committee).
- Assist in strategic review for corporate M&A opportunities. Build and maintain appropriate external relationships, including with potential advisors, to support this.
- Support business integrations or separations from a Finance perspective.
- Undertake research and analysis across a broad range of issues and initiatives, to deliver highly valued analysis / insights to senior executives to drive business decisions and value creation opportunities.
Experience & qualifications:
- BA in Finance/Accounting or relevant subject.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant and relevant in-house FP&A experience of at least 7 years is preferred.
- Experience in a technology, R&D or financial services environment preferred, in addition to the ability to adjust to a fast-growing and dynamic start-up environment.
- Must be willing to take on new challenges and be adaptive to a fast-paced work environment where new business initiatives are frequently introduced.
- Experience with capital raising/secondary market offerings and M&A deal experience will be beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strong technical capabilities into commercial judgement.
- Strong financial modelling and analysis skills, and proven record of hands-on experience in building models from scratch.
- Demonstrate flexibility in providing support to the wider Group Finance team when needed. Ability to manage through ambiguity and priorities effectively.
- Proven record of accomplishment in a multi-national environment.
- A team player and has demonstrated ability to collaborate across distances and organizational boundaries. Able to work effectively with people from varied
- professional disciplines.
- Deep experience in delivering board papers / presentations to senior stakeholders.
- Strong communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Experience working with Workday or Oracle financial systems is preferred, solid understanding of IT and other business systems in terms of leveraging these systems to enhance functional efficiencies.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to earn the respect and trust of peers, seniors and subordinates, so as to win their support and cooperation.
- Be able to collaborate with remote teams and deal with diversity of regional culture.
- Understanding of and proficiency in US GAAP and international accounting standards, and good comprehension of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm about blockchain and the crypto space.
- “Can-do, make it happen” attitude.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.