Blockstack PBC is looking for passionate, mission-aligned engineers to work on blockstack-core: the open-source reference implementation of Blockstack’s blockchain software. This role is ideal for engineers with expertise in blockchains, distributed systems or compilers, an eye for security in protocol design and a high-bar for code quality.
What you”ll do:
• Contribute to the development, maintenance, and testing of the Stacks blockchain. The Stacks blockchain is under active development, and as part of your role, you will be tasked with designing new features, improving the performance and reliability of the blockchain, and helping ensure that the Stacks blockchain can serve as a reliable, secure, and performant foundation for the entire Blockstack ecosystem.
• Implement rigorous and thorough monitoring and testing practices to meet the security and performance requirements of the Stacks blockchain
• Design and implement blockchain supporting tools and utilities(e.g., CLI client, tools for exploring the blockchain, monitoring, benchmarking or debugging tools)
• Collaborate with other teams on new product features that have a dependency on the Stacks blockchain(e.g. developer tooling, UX for transaction signing, 3rd party integrations etc)
What we’re looking for:
• 2-4 years of hands on experience in a production environment with one or more of: public blockchains; consensus protocols; large-scale distributed systems; applied cryptography; compilers; any other equivalent / adjacent technology
• Experience working on and designing tests for long-running projects
• Experience testing distributed systems for behaviors in the presence of faults, network partitions, and network delays
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Working knowledge of the limitations and complexities involved in peer-to-peer systems
• Working knowledge of programming language interpreters, compilers, and static analysis
• Experience with designing, implementing, and benchmarking highly performant programs.
• Experience working on a large, complex, distributed system such as a distributed database, cluster controllers, etc.
• Experience working on open-source projects
• Experience collaborating on a distributed team
Benefits & Perks:
• Equity and Stacks tokens (STX – are the native token of the Blockstack computing network)
• Remote workers can expense co-working spaces
• An annual $1,200 budget for learning and development
• Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
• Paid time off & Unlimited sick days
• 100% paid gold level health benefits, including vision and dental with no deductible
• Free life and disability insurance
• Health and dependent care(FSA)
• Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• 401k with 3% match
• Your choice of technical setup and equipment
• Public Benefit Corporation on a mission to enable an secure and private decentralised internet which will benefit all internet users: Blockstack Source Code
• Remote first team with HQ in New York City
• $75 total raised. $23M from first ever SEC qualified token offering in the U.S.
• 8,000 + active developers and enthusiasts in the community
• 300+ apps launched on Blockstack
• Work alongside leading PHD experts in computing