Please note, all positions at Cake require relevant experience unless otherwise stated. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
In less than a year’s time, Cake has become one of the most well known platforms for helping customers to get cashflow for their cryptocurrencies in the most transparent way.
Are you looking to be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the blockchain industry and help to shape behaviour on how people are dealing with their finances in the crypto and blockchain world?
We are strong believers in the potential of DeFi, and we are working everyday to push the boundaries of DeFi and Bitcoin.We work independently, take ownership of our jobs, and are passionate about making a real impact in the world we live in.
For this position we are considering remote candidates and candidates who are based locally in Singapore. Please consider adding our email domain, cakedefi.com, to your whitelist as email responses to your applications might otherwise be filtered into your “promos” folder.
About the team
Our talented engineering team pride themselves on writing good code. We care about good engineering practices, working with great people, and working on real and impactful products. We practice test-driven development, and are more than happy to allow team members the opportunity to solve problems with unconventional or cutting-edge methods. If you care about continually improving your craft, and want to work with like-minded peers, this is the place for you!
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain blockchain codebase, based around C++ with unit tests in Python. See https://github.com/defich/ain
- Work closely with internal and external collaborators in openly developing open-source blockchain-related software.
- Understand how blockchain works (e.g. mining consensus, transaction pooling, fork resolution, smart contracts).
- Maintain our public blockchain networks (e.g. DeFi Blockchain mainnet & testnet).
- Maintain good documentations for internal and external use.
- Actively communicate and collaborate with team and stakeholders for planning & development process.
- Be willing to pick up any other technology stacks when required to get the job done.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of development experience in C++ softwares, esp. related to OOP, data structures design, algorithms, unit testings, CI/CD, etc.
- Ability to work independently while collaborating in a fast-paced agile team.
The following are not required skills but they are huge pluses if you possess these:
- Deep understanding of blockchain & cryptography.
- Participation in open source software development and/or management.
- Rust experience. We at Cake are a fan of Rust and would be looking to adopt Rust for future projects, including transitioning of our existing ones.
Why work with Cake:
- Do something with purpose; Be a part of the future that will shape on how people are dealing with their finances in Crypto and Blockchain
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International, diverse work environment and flat hierarchy
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, unlimited discretionary leave, casual work attire