Please note, all positions at Cake require relevant experience unless otherwise stated. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
In less than a year’s time, Cake has become one of the most well known platforms for helping customers to get cashflow for their cryptocurrencies in the most transparent way.
Are you looking to be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the blockchain industry and help to shape behaviour on how people are dealing with their finances in the crypto and blockchain world?
We are strong believers in the potential of DeFi, and we are working everyday to push the boundaries of DeFi and Bitcoin. We work independently, take ownership of our jobs, and are passionate about making a real impact in the world we live in.
For this position we are considering remote candidates and candidates who are based locally in Singapore. Please consider adding our email domain, cakedefi.com, to your whitelist as email responses to your applications might otherwise be filtered into your “promos” folder.
About the team
Our talented engineering team pride themselves on writing good code. We care about good engineering practices, working with great people, and working on real and impactful products. We practice test-driven development, and are more than happy to allow team members the opportunity to solve problems with unconventional or cutting-edge methods.
If you care about continually improving your craft, and want to work with like-minded peers, this is the place for you!
What you’ll do:
- Develop, integrate and maintain various manual tests to validate versions released.
- React to issues by adding or writing new test scenarios to detect similar issues
- Support the Tech Lead in building tools, test cases and tracking down issues (e.g. gathering of metrics and logs to document issues)
- Implement and maintain testing guidelines.
- Participate in peer reviewing of code to maintain code quality, reliability & reusability for testing & deployment
- Liaise with the team to help address or document third-party issues
- Write test scenarios
What you’ll need:
- Computer Science degree preferred
- Experience working with various testing frameworks
- Familiar with unit testing test suites and debugging processes
- Good collaborator and team player, comfortable working in a fast moving culturally diverse and globally distributed team environment
- Agile, quick self learner, highly self-motivated with strong sense of product ownership and creative problem solver
- Go-getter mindset – with the passion, drive, and scrappiness to get it done
- Must have a strong interest and knowledge in the crypto/blockchain/technology space
- Must be able to work independently.
Bonus (plusses if you posses the following):
- Able to write automated test scripts, for backend and frontend. If yes, please indicate your framework experience (e.g. Jest, Mocha, Selenium, etc)
Why work at Cake:
- Do something with purpose; Be a part of the future that will shape on how people are dealing with their finances in Crypto and Blockchain
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International, diverse work environment and flat hierarchy
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, unlimited discretionary leave, casual work attire
- This is a remote position.