We are seeking a Data Lead to level up our data infrastructure and instrument data pipelines that power dashboards and analytics.
This individual will be the first member of a team responsible for Data Science, Data Engineering, and Analytics.
- We are experienced startup founders and operators
- We are mission-driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We are fast-paced and loosely-structured, with a number of offices and a growing team
- We are a full-stack solution i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the applications that deliver end-user experiences on top of them
- We are highly technical, with an accomplished team dedicated to learning and pushing boundaries
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values open-source
- Architect, implement, and steward end-to-end data infrastructure
- Collaborate with product and engineering to ensure that new and existing features are appropriately tracked
- Identify and evaluate Data Science, Engineering, and Analytics tools that may be appropriate to integrate as systems evolve
- Drive best practices around security in data engineering
- Drive data literacy and data-driven decision making across functions.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to identify KPIs and understand user behavior
- Investigate trends and validate hypothesis using pilot data
- Create Insights Reports for the broader Celo Community using both blockchain data from the Celo Protocol and usage analytics from the Celo Wallet.
- 3+ years of experience as a Software or Data Engineer
- Familiarity with different database systems and their tradeoffs, experience with GCP is a plus
- Facility navigating large datasets, with a strong working knowledge of Python, SQL, or other technology
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- An interest in Data Science and Analytics, particularly in open source and/or decentralized systems
Nice to have
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a small, fast-paced, high-autonomy organisation
- Prior experience working in either the fintech or blockchain domain, or within another regulated space such as healthcare
- Experience building data infrastructure and teams from the ground up