The Celo mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
As a Country Ecosystem Lead for this decentralized technology, working with the team at cLabs, you will build and support the community of collaborators and early adopters interested in contributing to and benefiting from the Celo platform. You will be responsible for building out the Celo ecosystem for your market and the implementation of a campaign to promote Celo and the different use cases for the technology, starting with building the community and including on-the-ground project management and engagement with key local collaborators.
- Define comprehensive go-to-market strategy, educate broader cLabs team on unique country needs.
- Develop Cash-in and Cash-out strategy, for users and collaborators to easily convert from local fiat currency into Celo assets, particularly Celo Dollars (cUSD)
- Work with cLabs’ legal team and external local Counsel to understand the local regulatory environment and its implications for Celo launch
- Develop a community of Celo users in-country through kickoff events, networking, etc
- Serve as an ambassador to Celo: educate the community about Celo at events, conferences, etcConduct user research and experiments to better understand the community of early adopters
- Engage with Celo users regularly and respond to information inquiries in a timely manner
- Monitor feedback and represent the voice of the customer to cLabs’ Product, Engineering, and Ecosystem teams
- Support cLabs’ Product and Experience teams with localization and other relevant requests
- Build relationships within the financial inclusion, decentralized finance and crypto communities
- Attend events, conferences, etc to gain insight into local developments in the crypto and Fintech spaces
- Engage with local contributors and advocates to ensure consistency and success in collaborative efforts
- Build a pipeline of developers interested in building on Celo, engage and support this community
- Provide support and nurture an ecosystem of key partners in the Middle East
- Create more pathways to connect the Celo ecosystem with the local fiat rails, including cash-in/out, exchanges, banking partners, licensed financial service providers (i.e. remittance, e-money, etc.)
- Identify and engage with partners that add value to the Celo platform.
- Cultivate new relationships to form strategic alliances in the country.
- Nurture relationships with existing and new partners to support integration & education
- Support in-country launch, ecosystem growth efforts, and other initiatives to benefit the local Celo ecosystem
- Passionate about Celo’s financial inclusion mission
- Excited about blockchain and cryptocurrency and their potential
- An independent, self-driven and organized go-getter who can thrive in uncharted waters
- An excellent communicator with high emotional intelligence
- Enthusiastic about working in a startup environment
- At least 3+ years experience living and working in the Middle East
- Experience in community building (offline + online), events planning, content creation and/or a similar function
- At least 2+ years of experience in project/program management
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across time zones
- Experience working in Fintech/payments or blockchain in the Middle East
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- [Nice to have] Strong connections in the local crypto/blockchain community
What we offer:
- Challenging projects with impactful work
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working conditions
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.