At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
As a creator of content and social, you will pave the way for Celo’s voice and brand online. We’re looking for a creative content creator who knows how to develop engaging content tailored to audiences around the world, pairing art and science to grow the Celo community.
- Partner with cLabs’ employees and the broader Celo community to write, edit, and ship content for in line with Celo’s brand voice for Twitter, Discord, Telegram, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, blog, and newsletters
- Develop and implement strategies to grow Celo’s online communities, scale operations, and increase engagement/loyalty in alignment with company priorities
- Assist in the development, planning, and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns
- Gather and implement new content best practices and social channel recommendations
- Marry art and science by applying SEO recommendations and monitoring engagement analytics
- Empower local community leaders with tools, advice, and support
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with multiple stakeholders within a rapidly changing industry
- Thoughtfulness and attention to detail with regard to storytelling and the holding of the Celo brand, honoring the quality and uniqueness of Celo’s voice
- Proven experience operating on a global level with an international perspective and sensitivity to cultural nuances
- An avid user of social media networks with a keen sense for how people are using them
- Deep familiarity with social media and web-based channels as marketing tools
- An excellent communicator with high emotional intelligence
- An independent and self-driven go-getter who can prioritize work and self-manage
- Creative and empathetic, able to connect with and design unique solutions for community members around the world
- Excited about blockchain and cryptocurrency and their potential
Nice to Have Skills/Abilities:
- Work experience in the crypto / blockchain industry
- A visual storyteller that can use videos and images to tell beautiful stories
- Familiarity with design software (like Figma) to edit social templates
- Comfortable working with data to drive insights
cLabs (“Celo Labs”) started Celo in 2018 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we’re all proud to hold the job title of “Partner.” For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.