Chiliz is a global fintech and blockchain company behind Socios.com the world’s first fan voting and rewards app. We have partnered with some of the most recognizable sports and esports brands in the world – Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Atlético de Madrid, OG, AS Roma, Galatasaray, Club Atlético Independiente, FC Barcelona, the UFC, Apollon Limassol FC and Team Heretics to provide a blockchain-backed solution to boosting fan engagement.
Our diverse and extraordinary team – that spans 20+ nationalities – are the driving force behind our success with creative thinking at the heart of anything and everything we do.
OUR BRANDS & CHANNELS
Chiliz ($CHZ) is our digital currency for blockchain-backed platforms and products, as well as mainstream users, which powers Socios.com.
Socios.com is the world’s first fan influence and rewards platform. We produce digital assets called Fan Tokens for our partner teams, which fans use to vote in team-specific polls to earn rewards and once-in- a-lifetime experiences.
Chiliz.net is a first-of-its-kind mobile and desktop crypto exchange for sports & entertainment products.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit a Backend Software Engineer to join our team of talented developers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will be part of the team responsible for building the systems that power our Chiliz platform.
While this is an individual contributor role, as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team, you’ll be involved in many aspects, helping evolve our existing architecture and implementing new features and functionality.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Build robust and scalable software.
- Develop, deploy and operate PHP written microservices.
- Build server-side REST APIs.
- Help improve our code quality by writing unit tests, automation tests, following the SOLID and DRY principles and performing code reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
○ PHP / Symfony 4.4
○ PostgreSQL / Amazon DynamoDB
○ Amazon SQS
○ Kong Gateway
○ Source control: Git / Gitlab
○ Container: Docker
○ GitLab CI
Who we think will be a great fit…
We’re looking for someone who is self-driven, eager to learn new things and with a proactive approach to work. You are passionate either about Sports or Blockchain, perhaps even about both of them. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
You also meet most (if not more) of the following requirements:
- You have effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to receive constructive feedback.
- You have at least 3 years of recent hands-on coding and software design in backend development.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one.
- You are willing to face any problem and try to solve it in the best of your knowledge.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done, you care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have a good knowledge, or you want to learn the following areas: system design, algorithm, design pattern, data structure, API, caching strategies.
- You have the willingness to learn new technologies, but you have experience with: PHP, Symfony (or any modern PHP framework), relational SQL databases.
- You have excellent writing and communication skills in the English language.
WHAT WE OFFER
From working with some of the biggest and most recognisable sports teams in the world to creating unforgettable fan experiences, all while using blockchain technology, it’s never a dull day here at Chiliz.
We’re an extraordinary multi-cultural team spanning 20+ nationalities with ideas as diverse and interesting as we are. Professional and personal development are very important to us. Together with a supportive and collaborative working environment and great company perks, above all, we give you the chance to be a part of the future.