We are looking for candidates who will be help maintain our success as leaders within global finance and accelerate our efforts to become a major part of the future of transaction banking and DLT product delivery.
The successful individual must have background in innovation including a work knowledge in Design thinking, and have solid commercial awareness.
Key Responsibilities: In this role, you will be handling the following (but not limited to) responsibilities:
- Support R&D experiments internally through collaboration in key lab initiatives.
- Provide SME (Subject Matter Expert) support on DLT and related topics to business / product partners in TTS.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Perform product demos to customers
- Partner with product, operations team, regulators and our clients to originate, accelerate and deliver ideas via workshops and other collaboration methods
- Partner with technology stakeholders of integrating applications and guide them on best practices
- Work with the applications development team in Innovation lab to design reliable, scalable and robust solutions in DLT space
- Identify, assess and collaborate with vendors, fintechs, regtechs etc. relevant in the DLT space
- Create / Contribute to the creation of new DLT project proposals including the pre socialisation with stakeholders, the creation of business cases, cost and revenue projections.
- Manage multiple concurrent initiatives and projects of varying sizes & complexity
- Create new & maintain existing partner and vendor relationships.
- Effective upward and downward communication on all notable progress to all key stakeholders
Development Value: This role provides significant opportunities:
- You will gain significant experience of the technologies and businesses involved across Citi applications, giving you exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems as well as the opportunity to work with multiple teams around the globe.
- As a member of the Innovation Lab you will have to opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated, T-shaped, smart individuals whose daily job is to think out of the box and look for disruptive opportunities with a commercial benefit.
- Exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business
- By working within the senior leadership team of the innovation network you will be highly visibly across the Citi and will have access to a get number of Citi’s executive management team.
Knowledge / Experience
- Extensive experience in the financial industry with a specialist in transaction banking, including but not limited to payments, receivables, trade finance.
- Exposure to the DLT platforms and understanding of its current / potential impact on the traditional payments space.
- Experience of delivering complex programs involving multiple stakeholders across different geographical locations with a significant amount of uncertainty.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of early stage initiatives through to successful delivery
- Experience of applied research, experimental development and early design activities to validate/invalidate ideas.
- Great passion for the world of Blockchain and DLT – someone who constantly learns the trends and directions of the ecosystem and is well familiar with all key concepts, vendors and technologies
- Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly evolving landscape and projects loaded with uncertainty.
- Good understanding of distributed apps and smart contracts are written for DLT platforms
- Technologically strong and business savvy.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse groups from senior stakeholders and clients to junior team members.
- A number of skills will be strengthened by this position including senior stakeholder management, project/program management, strategic thinking, tactical & operational solution provision, senior internal/external client interaction, risk management, and presentation & reporting skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualifications (Innovation / Banking field desirable)
- Experience working with innovative and emerging technology.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Work effectively in cross-organizational situations and be enthusiastic about delivering quality solutions while working with world-class teams, processes and tools.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, program and project management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and equally enthusiastic about business acumen.
- Promote teamwork and maintain effective communication within and across groups.
- Promote and drive continuous process improvement especially in code quality, testability & reliability