We’re looking for someone to engage with that creative, inspired, tech-savvy, financially-literate, fiercely independent, always curious community. Someone who understands crypto and the blockchain space deeply, and who appreciates that an audience as diverse as ours cannot be met with a one-size-fits-all approach.
You’ll drive interest in our news, videos, events and educational products with a range of voices that are as versatile as they are authoritative. You’ll appreciate that different venues require different tones, and that while our people-centric news stories can sometimes benefit from a light touch, at other times our social outreach should convey the gravitas of our research and investigative work.
As well as a keen fundamental understanding of the social landscape, you’ll be excited by the emergence of non-traditional networks, and eager to learn about the developing decentralized social media space.
This is a key role that requires exemplary written communication skills, fanatical devotion to detail, and the ability to develop creative ideas consistently.
Although we are entirely decentralized, this role will involve working on U.S. Eastern Time. If based in NYC, you would be able to work from our office when it reopens.
- Write in multiple voices, from newsy to light and humorous, to tailor content according to both message and medium.
- Maintain and develop a keen understanding of the industry, its history, the current news, and benchmark against top-performing social media creators in the sector.
- Write posts that are accurate, clear, concise, and engaging.
- Work across the organization with writers, editors, event planners and product managers to create captivating social media posts, content, and campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Work with the team to build scalable, replicable processes; and educate other team members on how to execute against team strategies when you are not there to supervise.
- Design and create social media memes and quote graphics.
- 2-4 years experience creating social media copy and content preferred, ideally with experience in news propagation.
- Prior experience within the crypto / blockchain industry required, whether in a professional or personal capacity.
- Excellent written communication skills and superb English skills.
- Excellent editing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work independently for stretches of time, and able to set and meet deadlines
- Comfort quickly switching gears and focus, moving from social media posting to content creation to campaign building throughout the day.
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of social media platforms, particularly Twitter and Facebook.
- Although this is a copy-first role, experience with graphic design software and visual creation is preferred — or at a minimum, a strong appreciation for how to work closely with designers to amplify your message.
- Demonstrable record of using social media data insights to drive high-performing content.