Coinsquare’s Product & Engineering team is looking for someone with deep expertise in insights and analytics to lead our product analytics practice.
As a Product Analytics Lead, you’ll bring your expertise in insights and analytics to the digital product development space to inform Coinsquare’s product strategy. You’ll leverage your skills in quantitative analysis and statistics to drive product and design decisions, to influence stakeholders, and to achieve the organization’s ambitious business goals.
Your work will make a real impact and you’ll collaborate with many other disciplines to drive our product agenda forward including Product Managers, Product Designers and Engineers.
As a startup in an emerging industry, this is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The learning is virtually limitless – help shape not only your own career but a new industry. If you’re fueled by curiosity and want to be on the forefront of an exciting business, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Nurture and elevate a data-driven mindset within Coinsquare’s product teams, helping to inform product strategy and product design decisions
- Collaborate with product teams to plan, discover, define, ideate and iterate on new product features and value propositions
- Use descriptive and prescriptive analytics to power decision making
- Translate business objectives and user needs into measurement plans; define KPIs to track progress and success
- Own our product analytics platform strategy and implementation (we use Heap) for both web and mobile native platforms, partnering with Front-End Engineers
- Proactively find opportunities to drive value for our customers and the business through insights and analytics
- Collaborate with product teams to plan, set up and run A/B testing experiments; help teams interpret results to determine how to move forward
- Own quantitative analyses within product teams; analyze data to identify trends, draw meaningful conclusions and insights or to validate hypotheses throughout the product development lifecycle
- Deliver actionable insights from your analyses; visualize the data to help influence key stakeholders and inform decision making
- Enable your teammates in leveraging data; help them self-serve and level-up their data knowledge
- Partner with the greater data team on initiatives to continuously improve our data infrastructure
Experience you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other business or quantitative field of study
- 3-5 years of work experience in data science or data analytics roles
- Fluent in SQL (writing complex queries, optimizing for performance, debugging existing SQL queries, Postgres and MySQL)
- Understanding of No SQL and SQL databases, when to use which and how to join data sets from different database structures
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, using advanced Excel functions and formulas to slice and dice data in flat file formats)
- Experience with Python
- A systematic approach to problem solving; you put effort into understanding the problem before working to solve it
- Strong attention to detail; you have the superb debugging skills when working through data sets
- Experience creating reports and visualizations using visualization tools such as Tableau
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence others through storytelling and building strong relationships across teams and departments
- Experience working in digital product development is a bonus
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients’ money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
Discover what’s possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.