Coinsquare’s Product & Engineering team is looking to add a highly skilled Senior Product Manager to our Capital Markets Product team.
Senior Product Managers are champions for the customers of their product. They leverage their firm understanding of the company vision to help define product(s) that contributes towards that vision. They discover market opportunities and customer needs, build consensus on desired business outcomes, and conduct market research and customer interviews to validate and size associated product offerings.
The Capital Markets Product Team is responsible for collaborating with Canadian regulators and relevant subsidiary businesses to develop Canada’s first regulated Alternative Trading System for digital currency trading and security token offerings. Additionally this team will ensure that all regulatory requirements are understood and satisfied as Coinsquare seeks approval as a regulated Dealer that will access digital asset markets including its own.
If you are passionate about your craft then we encourage you to reach out. We value your personal insight and ideas as much as your product management skills. In no particular order, some of the things we look for most in candidates are: a desire to collaborate on complex problems, a willingness and interest in learning from anyone (aka a “growth mindset”), a sense of humbleness, and an appreciation of puns. If you’ve got what we’re looking for, get back to us with some projects that you’re proud of!
What you’ll be doing
- Establish a firm understanding of the product offering, its market and customer base
- Collaborate closely with the product team (consisting of product manager, engineers, and relevant SMEs), regulators, and subsidiary businesses in both product definition and delivery activities
- Together with the technical lead, provide joint leadership to the product team through various agile rituals, mentoring and coaching, and delivery management
- Be an expert in not only the regulatory requirements but also in the purpose behind them and be an educator to the product team, the operational stakeholders, and to the company as a whole
- Continuously discover solutions for meeting business and technical requirements related to customer onboarding and certification, ongoing support, trading, clearing and settlement, reporting and audits, etc.
- Facilitate the feasibility assessment of solutions from a business, technical, and user experience standpoint
- Expand user experience considerations to include those of the institutional/commercial buyer, the developer/integrator, and the ultimate end user
- Work within an agile framework to iteratively articulate and deliver product features
- Facilitate and guide cross-functional product development discussions, ensuring all members of the team understand the business objectives, regulatory requirements, all the way through to implementation decisions
- Ensure that the product is built in an incremental fashion such that business investments are utilized thoughtfully and feedback loops are in place to continually maximize the usage rates and ROI of platform features
- Foster an open model of code contribution by internal teams while maintaining the integrity of the platform architecture and non-functional characteristics
- Track and analyze appropriate product metrics to evaluate progress against objectives and key results
- Support vendor assessment, selection, and relationship management activities
- Interface with Operations and Compliance teams to create necessary progress updates to external stakeholders
- Assess operational needs related to the roll-out and ongoing support of the product
- Recommend solutions to fulfill operational requirements
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of experience in a product management capacity or equivalent hands-on experience in trading technology/operations at an Exchange, Dealer, or other financial services technology provider
- Education and/or work experience that will contribute to your success
- Knowledge of Canadian capital markets and trading rules
- Experience with financial EMS/OMS applications in supporting traders and portfolio risk managers
- Experience with clearing and settlement, and custody of assets
- Understanding of the operations value chain, from new client onboarding, through to asset transfer-in, trade execution, asset servicing and client reporting
- Familiarity with FIX protocol, testing procedures and underlying network connectivity approaches
- Proven ability in launching technical products successfully in an agile setting while interfacing with external stakeholders within a program/project management framework
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a wide range of functional experts across levels
- Team player mentality with a firm belief that the whole is greater than the sum of its’ parts
- Curiosity to learn new things, discover fascinating insights, and solve interesting problems
- Passion in redefining capital markets and financial services through blockchain innovations
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients’ money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
Discover what’s possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
Coinsquare for Android | iOS | Web
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.