Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Upland (https://upland.me/) is the earth’s metaverse that sits on top of the real world where people buy, sell and trade virtual properties based on actual addresses. They play various mini-games, earn money via virtual businesses and connect in virtual settings with like-minded community members.
Upland is available for iOS, Android, and the mobile web and uses blockchain technology to power “true ownership” of digital assets. It launched into open beta in January 2020 and became the largest blockchain game eight months later. Uplandme, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley, California, founded in 2018 by three serial entrepreneurs.
To expand its reach beyond blockchain aficionados and towards a mass-market audience, we are looking for a proactive, highly motivated, and personable Community Manager. Our ideal candidate will work closely with our Community and Support teams to help deliver a positive community experience to our user base.
- Assist with the development of our content marketing plan and editorial calendar.
- Participate in the development of engaging and shareable content for our social media channels
- Help plan and execute community initiatives and programs.
- Manage the Company’s outreach channels (i.e., Discord and Telegram), interacting with users directly to answer questions and encourage community engagement and participation in events and initiatives.
- Develop a relationship of trust with the Upland community.
- Provide community feedback to internal stakeholders.
- Monitor social media campaigns and analyze web traffic from the online community using key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Find new marketing and outreach opportunities to push our brand image and platform.
- Help recruit and oversee a team of volunteer Upland platform moderators and broadcasters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications preferred
- 3+ year of proven experience in a communication or PR role
- Working knowledge of Discord, Telegram & Social Media platforms
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Ability to develop creative, engaging, and original content
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and web metrics
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Multilingual capabilities a plus
Work with a passionate, highly experienced, innovative team and have a wide range of independence while solving fascinating problems that span gaming, economics, marketing, computing, and sociology. Capitalize on the opportunity to grow with Upland in terms of responsibilities and your career. We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
Uplandme Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.