We are seeking a knowledgeable and proactive Compliance Analyst to join the BlockFi Compliance team. In this role, you will assist in growing the compliance monitoring program, working closely with compliance, technology, legal, and business personnel.
You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm’s products and the rules and regulations under which BlockFi operates.
An interest in learning new products, technology, compliance standards and regulations will drive your success in this role.
- Conducting internal control mapping and testing, periodic monitoring and surveillance reviews, and risk assessments
- Writing policies and procedures, filing regulatory reports, and reviewing marketing materials
- Stay updated on new regulatory requirements in the lending and cryptocurrency space
- Assisting with creating new processes or process improvements as needed
- Applying compliance technology, and coordinating common standards for the documentation, tracking and reporting of issue remediation actions
- 2-3 years’ experience in Audit or Compliance
- Experience in Compliance Monitoring and Surveillance preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to manage projects and processes, and the ability to multitask
- Experience with document management related tools is preferred (e.g., SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence etc.)
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to complete time-sensitive projects
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workflows and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Experience in Privacy, GDPR, and Ethics Compliance a plus
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in writing policies/procedures is a plus
- Experience creating/presenting metrics is a plus
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to spot issues and problem solve
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee