We are seeking a knowledgeable and proactive Compliance Associate to join the BlockFi Compliance team. In this role, you will liaise directly with BlockFi’s Institutional Services Team and corporate clients on Compliance-related requests.
You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm’s products and the rules and regulations under which BlockFi operates.
An interest in learning new products, technology, compliance standards and regulations will drive your success in this role.
- Acting as point-of-contact for Compliance requests and account management during onboarding
- Compile, analyze, and verify institutional counterparty documentation submissions
- Manage AML/KYC requirements for institutional clients during and after onboarding, including periodic KYC refresh and continuous AML monitoring
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure BlockFi’s compliance with state, federal, and third country regulations
- Conducting periodic compliance monitoring reviews
- Assisting with creating new processes or process improvements as needed
- Manage Institutional Onboarding Analyst and delegation of projects
- Previous experience in an institutional onboarding role preferred
- Client Service and/or office experience is preferred
- Ability to manage projects and processes, and the ability to multitask
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to complete time-sensitive projects
- Advanced analytical abilities
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Ability to prioritize workflows and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to spot issues and problem solve
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee