Holochain is our new open source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost effective, resource efficient, and energy efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. Our aim is to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
Where you will fit in:
Holo is looking for a strong self-starter to wear multiple hats on our Operations team to support initiatives related to becoming a GFSC regulated company. A large responsibility of this role is to support Holo to be an ethically sound and compliant company, meeting the various legal and regulatory needs in various jurisdictions. As demonstrated by the various responsibilities listed below, we are looking for an individual that can help hold for coherence across compliance, regulatory and legal needs as well as support a culture of continual improvement in these matters across our organization.
- Develop an understanding of the business, our products and the technical requirements that are used for risk mitigation purposes and regulatory requirements
- Work to ensure Holo’s activities adhere to guidelines established by the GFSC and other relevant jurisdictions globally and educate regulators about how our activities meet their requirements
- Build and maintain relationships, and report into key third parties, and all other relevant licensing and compliance bodies
- Serve as our AML Officer and Compliance Officer
- Assess and collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish and/or review policies and procedures to adhere to applicable regulations
- Participate and take responsibility for the ongoing record-keeping requirements of the Holo’s risk management framework
- Manage audit review framework and conduct compliance monitoring reviews, submit recommendations for remedial action based on review findings
- Review the AML processes and continually support the development of procedures and systems in compliance
- Deal with tier escalated complaints relating to risk matters through to resolution
- Understand the requirements to create strong drafts of Terms of Service for all of Holo’s products
- Project manage our IP related initiatives and work with Holo’s attorneys to ensure effective execution
- Manage Holo’s exchange strategy while building and maintain relationships with various exchanges and ensuring we meet regulatory requirements in related jurisdictions.
- Support negotiations and creation of legal agreements and manage record-keeping and compliance for partnerships and 3rd party vendors
- Create a culture of continual improvement in all compliance-related matters across the organization
- At least 3 years of relevant legal and/or crypto compliance experience with the ability to demonstrate a depth of knowledge in current compliance best practices
- Have professional qualifications in Compliance, AML, Audit, Legal or equivalent
- A proactive self-starter attitude, able to think on your feet in what can be a fast-paced ever-changing, ambiguous environment
- A capacity and willingness to work independently and collaboratively, leading initiation, execution and completion of projects
- Excellent communication skills. You will be dealing with all areas of the business internally and with key third parties
- Strong facilitation skills to support the team increasing competencies with compliance activities
- MS Excel (strong skills in this area are an advantage, should at least be able to use Pivot Tables and analyze data in an efficient way)
- Confident, calm and resilient with outstanding organisational and process management skills
Some details about what we offer:
- Generous Bonus Program (HoloFuel)
- Supportive team trial period
- Regular team meetings (video)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.