ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, and developers.
Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralised world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet.
If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About the Role
The Information Security Manager ensures that the risk to the organization’s information posed by a variety of cyber threats (cyber attacks; theft or corruption from within; etc.) is minimized. The IT Security Manager ensures that when cyber attacks occur or data are stolen or compromised, these incidents are dealt with promptly and effectively and the chance of that particular type of incident recurring is minimized.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor their organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occurs.
- Help to design, implement, and maintain the organization’s cyber-security plan.
- Develop and direct implementation of security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Direct the installation and use of security tools (e.g., firewalls, data encryption), to protect sensitive information.
- Responsible for the security and control of employee global assets of a remote first distributed organization.
- Recommend security enhancements to IT Management.
- Help computer technicians, end users when they need to install or learn about new security products and/or procedures.
- Ensure that IT security audits are conducted periodically or as needed (e.g., when a security breach occurs).
Reports directly to the IT Manager Chief Technology Officer. Works in conjunction with organizational functions/departments to ensure employees are aware of cyber-security issues, are trained in good cyber-security practices, and are practicing safe/secure data collection, data transfers and storage, and use of social media, mobile devices, and apps, among others.
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science is required.
- 10 years of related work experience, with 3 or more work experience in Information Technology Security.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at every level and in every department are essential. Candidates with certification in information security (CISSP, CSSLP, CCFP, CISM, etc.) or comparable work experience will be given preference. Risk analysis/assessment experience a plus.
- Experience with major cloud providers, AWS, Azure, Mac Security