We are looking for our first Creative Director to serve as Unstoppable Domains’ principal creative lead, build an internal studio and support our fast-growing Marketing team as we rapidly expand our category and seek to radically transform how 3 billion+ users live and interact on the decentralized Web.
In this new role, you will lead all marketing creative execution, build best-in-class capabilities internally and through trusted external outsourcing partners, and hire and grow world-class creative talent across all facets of the craft.
The role requires a creative and open mind, a curiosity of what the future holds, the ability to inspire and an eagerness to roll up your sleeves during the build-up phase in a fast-moving, highly collaborative environment. Startup experience is a plus!
- A detail-oriented professional with deep craftsmanship and the ability to see the bigger business picture.
- Passionate about mentoring and coaching creative teams, able to provide clear creative direction and to inspire, as well as attracting new talent.
- Ready to build a category-defining brand and journey towards iconic status, imagining fresh solutions along the way.
- Able to showcase a portfolio of memorable work that has driven consumer behavior through strong insights, brave decisions, and innovation execution.
- Highly networked within the industry, and with a global cultural mindset.
- Comfortable with scrappy beginnings, yet fully aware of what brilliant looks like and able to progress methodically towards a north star.
- Able to thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment and able to constantly switch gears between the big picture and specific deliverables, while never losing sight of results.
- Creative excellence: plan, create, and execute high-impact marketing that delivers on growth and brand business goals across all our digital touch-points. Direct all phases of creative work from concept development through production, from performance-driven ads, to complex integrated campaigns, product launches, partner co-marketing initiatives and delightful brand experiences.
- Augmenting art with science: use insights to validate your creative instincts, leveraging data to inspire new creative concepts and experiments.
- Capability building: create and scale an end-to-end internal creative function by finely blending in-house hiring and partnerships with contractors/agencies.
- Team coaching: hire, stretch and inspire a top-notch in-house creative team through constant and candid yet respectful feedback, while fostering a culture of constant collaboration across creative, marketing, product, analytics and BD/revenue teams.
- Optimizing operations for high output and big outcomes: design operations to prioritize requests against business goals, scale the team through improved systems and processes, and streamline how we work on creative projects as a marketing organization.
- Departmental management through project planning and staffing estimation, creative staff evaluations and coaching.
- 10+ years of relevant work in a creative field, with a diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates experience in web, digital advertising, social, sales support, and integrated multichannel campaigns.
- A strong core in B2C / DTC experience is essential.
- Expert knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process, including providing clear creative direction, giving timely and helpful coaching to improve creative, and producing work cost effectively and on schedule.
- Experience with – and a love for – using consumer insights and data to inform your creative vision.
- Experience hiring and scaling a team, including building in-house design operations and partnerships with external resources.
- Strong communicator and collaborator; experience working with executives and leaders.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- B2B experience
- Love for reflecting and writing about your process and POV
- Familiarity with marketing technology platforms and operations
- Startup Experience
Unstoppable Domains is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities for all team members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To learn more about Unstoppable Domains, our product and plans for 2021, please check out the Unstoppable Domains Podcast