Job ID 5361
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Full time remote position
We are looking for a Cryptography Research Engineer to join our team. As our Cryptographer expert, you will be working alongside a highly technical team on DeFi and all the cool things from the blockchain ecosystem.
- Conduct research in cryptography, in particular new applications of zero-knowledge proofs.
- Provide written documentation and explain the complex material such that Developers and Product Managers can understand it too.
- Help internal and external Developers with cryptography parts, like key-management, encryption and signatures.
- Provide guidance on how to deal with these parts in their projects and/or check the cryptography parts in their code.
- Write proof-of-concept scripts (in Rust) performing cryptographic tasks, like zero-knowledge proofs or threshold signature schemes.
- Benchmark and test new cryptography crates on feasibility and performance, to better understand the techniques in practice.
Requirements & skills
- Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science.
- Strong background in Math/Cryptography.
- Zero Knowledge practical experience.
- Experience with system programming (Rust).
- Ability to communicate complex technical material to technical and non-technical team members.
- A self-motivated team member able to drive new projects.
- Passion for the crypto space.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- 100% remote & flexible hours
- Growing challenging environment
- Learning possibilities (conferences, meet-ups, courses, etc.)
- Paid time off
- Equipment budget
- Personal development budget