Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Upland (https://upland.me/) is the earth’s metaverse that sits on top of the real world where people buy, sell and trade virtual properties based on actual addresses. They play various mini-games, earn money via virtual businesses and connect in virtual settings with like-minded community members.
Upland is available for iOS, Android, and the mobile web and uses blockchain technology to power “true ownership” of digital assets. It launched into open beta in January 2020 and became the largest blockchain game eight months later. Uplandme, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley, California, founded in 2018 by three serial entrepreneurs.
To expand its reach beyond blockchain aficionados and towards a mass-market audience, we are looking for a Customer Support Specialist to assist our users with technical problems when using our platform. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be responsible for resolving customer queries, recommending solutions, guiding app users through features and functionalities and earning our users’ trust. They will further establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support.
- Respond to user queries and inbound support tickets in a timely and accurate way, via email or chat.
- Identify user needs and help customers use specific features (e.g., guiding users to resources such as YT, informative websites, etc.).
- Analyze and report product malfunctions.
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers.
- Monitor user complaints on social media (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, Discord, etc.), reviews on the Apple store & Google Play store, and reach out to provide assistance.
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members.
- Inform users about new features and functionalities.
- Follow up with users to ensure their technical issues are resolved.
- Gather customer feedback and share with our Product, Engineering and Marketing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experiences as a Customer Support Specialist or similar CS role
- Working knowledge of Discord
- Understanding of how CRM systems work (i.e. HubSpot)
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Patience when handling tough cases
- Multi-tasking abilities
- English fluency and exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- Multilingual capabilities a plus
- Familiarity with our industry is a plus
Come and work with a passionate, highly experienced, innovative team and have a wide range of independence while solving fascinating problems that span gaming, economics, marketing, computing, and sociology. Capitalize on the opportunity to grow with Upland in terms of responsibilities and your career. You will start hands-on together with the product, business development, and community teams. We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits. Upland is based in Silicon Valley and has distributed team members around the globe. To cover multiple time zones around the globe this role is based in Europe.