Are you ready to take your skills to the next level in an industry that is evolving at breakneck speed? Are you ready to make an actual impact at a company rather than being another cog in a corporate wheel?
Then it’s time to take a look at Digital Currency Group – the preeminent investor in the emerging blockchain industry.
The Tax Manager will be a critical contributor for all the DCG tax compliance and strategy needs. We are looking for generalist, tax specialist who is interested in owning all tax matters and being part of a dynamic work environment and can help support our day to day needs and global expansion.
We are looking for a self-starting, process improving, ultra-organized Tax Manager, who is detail oriented and carries projects over the finish line. This person will be a hands-on contributor who excels at sharing ideas and finding solutions. Must love the unique combination of a casual environment that moves at lightning speed. This candidate will be supporting our VP of Finance in all Tax matters for Digital Currency Group. This role will give the right candidate an intimate look at the inner workings of a company at the helm of its industry.
- Manage external tax compliance service provider relationships.
- Work with tax provider to ensure ongoing tax compliance in all jurisdictions that the company operates in, and respond to audits and inquiries.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of annual tax returns, and file periodic SALT tax filings with jurisdictions where the firm conducts its business, such as NYC commercial rent tax, NYS Sales tax, Delaware franchise tax as some examples.
- Assist with implementation, and ongoing management of Intercompany tax sharing arrangements Prepare the financial statement tax provisions and required disclosures with the assistance of external service providers.
- Manage requests for guidance that the company or its subsidiaries submit to regulators such as Private Letter Rulings, as well as research and apply for beneficial tax credits and or incentives.
- Ensure processes and information necessary for tax reporting is adequately and efficiently captured and disseminated. Interpret, document, and assist in application of tax guidance as it becomes available.
- Support the leadership and investments team in business decision making strategies to minimize tax liabilities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Work independently in a fast paced environment
- Multitask and manage/prioritize own workload to meet deadlines
- Analytical thinker
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required (CPA preferred)
- Minimum 7 years tax accounting experience required (minimum 3 years public accounting experience and preferably private company experience in the financial services sector)
- Strong provision modeling (excel) skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Systems savvy / technology enthusiast – an ability to understand flow of financial information through systems and the ability to apply technology to improve process