We are looking for a Director of Accounting to support the finance team in the design & implementation of world-class internal controls, general ledger structures, GAAP/SEC compliant reporting and accounting systems as we rapidly expand our business that’s seeking to radically transform how 3 billion+ users live and interact on the decentralized Web.
In this new role, you will work for the Vice President of Finance and with the broader finance team, executive stakeholders, and department leaders to identify opportunities for improvement in accounting process, internal controls, and audit readiness while internally evangelizing the value of finance-backed information & strategy.
This role requires an ability to gain buy-in for new processes while leading actively amongst a distributed team. Accounting and financial acumen is critical, as is the vision to translate complex accounting requirements into value-added processes and an eagerness to roll up your sleeves while we scale a fast-moving, highly collaborative, company. Experience in large finance organizations with complex reporting requirements will be a critical requisite for success in this role.
- A natural, data-driven accounting & finance leader who constantly surfaces opportunities to scale and accelerate the business through efficient and frictionless accounting processes, high degrees of automation with strong rule-based documentation, and strategic derisking through controls
- Experienced with general ledger accounting, GAAP/IFRS, assurance audits, internal controls, financial statement preparation, SOX/SEC reporting, and international consolidations
- Intellectually curious and intent on investigating the “Why” and passionate about our mission to create the next-generation of the internet
- Able to thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment and able to constantly switch gears between the big picture and specific deliverables, while being willing to engage with the details and proverbially roll-up the sleeves as necessary to support growth
- Curious or knowledgable about cryptocurrency and decentralized finance accounting concepts
- Implement strong internal control policies & procedures while taking a leadership role in the company’s accounting operations
- Lead the business process to produce accurate and validated financial results to favorable audit and SOX compliance standards
- Consolidate international operations, determine IFRS vs GAAP differences, and prepare adjustment policies
- Own the general ledger, financial statement preparation, tax, and audit functions
- Review organizational needs for financial reporting, accounting process, and independently implement improvements
- Own accounting systems / ERP management, maintenance, automation strategy, and implementations
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field with an active CPA license
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting Leadership, Audit, or Sr. General Ledger Management
- Experience structuring and owning financial reporting for middle to large market companies
- Experience scaling accounting processes at high-growth organizations
- Experience designing and implementing internal control procedures
- Internal audit leadership or financial consulting experience with a major accounting firm
- Excellent communication (including C-level briefing), prioritization and project management skills.
- Expertise in revenue recognition, intangible asset accounting, and SEC/SOX compliance
- Experience with major Accounting ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, NetSuite, etc); Excel; Accounting/Planning software (Adaptive/Anaplan/Blackline, etc)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Interest in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency
Unstoppable Domains is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities for all team members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To learn more about Unstoppable Domains, our product and plans for 2021, please check out the Unstoppable Domains Podcast