Qualifications No qualifications
A bit about us:
Unique blockchain assets (“NFTs”) are experiencing a massive surge in popularity. These unique assets allow people to own anything from in-game items, to digital art, to music, and financial instruments.
However, they are highly illiquid: transactions take minutes or hours to confirm, and Ethereum can process fewer than 5 NFTs per second for the whole world combined. To solve this problem for ourselves and for others, we have built Immutable X, a next-generation protocol for trading blockchain assets with instant trade confirmation, massive scalability, and no gas fees without compromising user custody.
Currently, Immutable’s product is in high demand from some of the largest companies in the world. We are scaling our engineering team to help us deliver a world-class product to these customers. To help us do this, we are searching for a Director of Engineering who will help us build and scale a successful product engineering function at Immutable. Reporting directly to the CTO, you will be responsible for hiring and training engineering managers at Immutable, who will each be responsible for one or more engineering teams. You will be ultimately accountable for the architectural decisions, delivery practices and engineering experience of all our product engineers.
This role, in a rapidly scaling startup, is perfect for someone who combines deep experience in leading engineering functions with ambitions of building a globally important product.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Hire and manage a team of engaged engineering managers
- Build, develop and manage a high-performance engineering culture
- Work with product leadership to define the best possible engineering process for shipping the products Immutable needs
- Play a critical role in change across culture in coaching and sharing your experiences to build the complete end to end delivery process
- Review the high-level architecture decisions made by our teams, and ensure they are aligned with the company’s strategy
- Participate in engineering leadership meetings to set our engineering and product focus that aligns with the company’s overall strategy
- Previous experience as a manager of engineering managers in the product/SaaS space
- Proven success in building, developing and managing a high-performance engineering culture in a product/SaaS business
- Experience in developing the skills and careers of software engineers
- Experience in hiring and evaluating the performance of software engineers
- Experience building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
Some of the things we can offer you:
Competitive Salary and Employee Share Options: We want to build a successful company which means sharing the companies potential wins with those who contributed
Flexible working: Work life balance is important to us, so feel free to work from home as needed
Diversity and Inclusion: We are a workspace that has committed to diversity and inclusion and have joined the Project F programme
Employee Assistance Program: 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
Ideal office location: On-top of the Apple store on King Street, Sydney, CBD
Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Equipment perks: We provide you with all the hardware you need to succeed, plus an additional $750 to set up your new home office
Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
Learning opportunities: Thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers
Additional Information:Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.