Qualifications No qualifications
A bit about us:Unique blockchain assets (“NFTs”) are experiencing a massive surge in popularity. These unique assets allow people to own anything from in-game items, to digital art, to music, and financial instruments. However, they are highly illiquid: transactions take minutes or hours to confirm, and Ethereum can process fewer than 5 NFTs per second for the whole world combined.
To solve this problem for ourselves and for others, we have built Immutable X, a next-generation protocol for trading blockchain assets with instant trade confirmation, massive scalability, and no gas fees without compromising user custody.
Currently, Immutable’s product is in high demand from some of the largest companies in the world. We are scaling our engineering team to help us deliver a world-class product to these customers. As part of that effort, we are seeking engineering managers with a proven track record of building high performing and engaged engineering teams which deliver fantastic products for our users.
As an Engineering Manager at Immutable, you will be responsible for managing a team of engineers as they seek to build cutting edge technology for our Platform. You will lead and mentor a team of engineers from diverse backgrounds and across different levels of experience. You will have the opportunity to coach, mentor and support a team of engineers. We are looking for someone who can foster a culture of ownership and positivity whilst ensuring meaningful opportunities for growth are encouraged within our engineering teams.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Build, develop and manage a high-performing team of engineers
- Define, implement and continually improve reliable and efficient end to end delivery processes to accelerate software development and improve quality
- Manage delivery by removing blockers for the team
- Track and communicate progress, manage downstream dependencies and risks whilst managing internal stakeholders expectations
- Ensure the team has a system of work and rituals in place to support their success
- Create a working environment that helps the team remain effective, inclusive and innovative
- Proven success in building, developing and managing a high-performance team in a product/SaaS business
- Experience as an Engineering Manager in the product/SaaS space
- Experience in hiring and evaluating the performance of Software Engineers
- Experience developing the skills and careers of Software Engineers
- Experience driving Engineering excellence and best practice
- Demonstrated experience implementing reliable and efficient processes to accelerate software development and improve quality
Some of the things we can offer you:
Competitive Salary and Employee Share Options: We want to build a successful company which means sharing the companies potential wins with those who contributed
Flexible working: Work life balance is important to us, so feel free to work from home as needed
Diversity and Inclusion: We are a workspace that has committed to diversity and inclusion and have joined the Project F programme
Employee Assistance Program: 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
Ideal office location: On-top of the Apple store on King Street, Sydney, CBD
Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Equipment perks: We provide you with all the hardware you need to succeed, plus an additional $750 to set up your new home office
Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
Learning opportunities: Thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers
This is an ongoing role and that we will continue to recruit for.Additional Information:Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.