Flipside Crypto is seeking a Business Development Manager to develop relationships and integrate our FCAS rating system with partners – and increase FCAS usage tenfold. FCAS currently receives ~2.5 API calls a day and is integrated into partners such as CoinMarketCap, Messari, CryptoCompare, TheStreet, MarketWatch, Thomson Reuters and others. Your role will be to identify target partners, develop new relationships, and build long term outcomes that continue to establish FCAS as a go to rating system for crypto assets.
Flipside Crypto is located in Boston, MA, but you can live anywhere in the universe.
You will work directly with FCAS product and data science teams to craft effective outcomes and will work with our finance and legal teams to scope potential platform partnerships and negotiate contracts with external parties. You will have plenty of experience evaluating market dynamics all while sourcing, scoping, negotiating and managing relationships. You will be very comfortable interacting, presenting and persuading executives both internally and externally to help establish the FCAS rating system as a de facto standard.
You will be part of a team that is passionate about blockchain, and relentless, authentic and responsible with data.
- Develop and execute on Flipside’s FCAS ratings strategy by increasing density in our partner ecosystem.
- Work closely with teams across product management, account management, and sales to identify and engage potential partners to enhance FCAS distribution, usage and retention.
- Work with a variety of internal teams to get approval and deploy platform partnerships. Including data science, product, API and front end engineering, as well as marketing, legal, and finance.
- Increase FCAS reach tenfold over the next 24 months.
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years in business development focused on the deploying data into marketplaces
- Experience negotiating and closing complex deals across tactical to mid-size opportunities
- Experience working within fintech, analytics firms, marketplaces, ratings or API-first organizations
- Experience evaluating opportunities with regard to impact on strategy, brand, finance and operations
- Proven ability to successfully work with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive partner discussions from discovery to implementation
- Ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work independently
- A track record of value-creation with partners
- Blockchain experience a plus, but not a requirement
At Flipside, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Flipside Crypto provides business intelligence for blockchains. Flipside’s proprietary process extracts all on-chain data and applies labels to transactions in order to identify on-chain behaviors for more than 60 blockchains. The data is accessed via self-service queries with a visual layer for business intelligence dashboards, to provide a clear view of real-time stakeholder behaviors and all token flows. These dashboards can be made public through Flipside’s Data Cooperative or Community Consoles.
Flipside also rates crypto assets using FCAS, a relative value for measuring the fundamental health of cryptocurrency ecosystems. FCAS is accessed nearly 3 million times per day via partners such as CoinMarketCap, Messari, MarketWatch and TheStreet. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it’s backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures (a venture capital fund affiliated with FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments) and other investors.