Qualifications No qualifications
A bit about the role/company:
Economy balance lies at the heart of every free-to-play game. There will be dozens of values to tweak that can change the player’s perception of the utility and profitability of a system. The actions we expect you to take will directly affect the rate at which our players and investors will engage with our NFT distribution systems and content. You will learn our systems inside and out and be able to manage the flow of currency to increase profitability.
As Economy Designer you will be pivotal for meeting the product goals for Guild of Guardians. We expect you to be responsible for all aspects referenced below and to report to the Lead Game Designer. This is an opportunity for any designer to interact with a new and cutting-edge company that is paving the way for blockchain-based gaming to become mainstream. You should have a passion for paving the way for crypto-based gaming economies and have experience with the traditional free-to-play gaming economies we’re looking to free players from.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a highly experienced team on one of the world’s first blockchain RPGs
- Solve never before solved game design challenges as we work together to create a truly groundbreaking gaming experience
- Take a pre-existing high-level game economy design and improve it with monetization strategies and details to pre-existing features
- Collaborate with the design team and developers to successfully implement and tune economic and monetization content into the product
- Manage the economy and pricing of all content within the game with in-depth macroeconomic models
- Manage the balance between player-generated vs developer generated content while keeping positive progression and play-and-earn philosophy at the core of your design
- You’ll have:4+ years of experience with economy design or mobile game monetization
- Proficient in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong quantitative skills (e.g. the skill set to translate the design into numbers)
- Expertise in Excel or Sheets
- Familiarity analyzing and interpreting player data
- An entry-level understanding of the blockchain
- An interest in Play-to-Earn game design
- Strong understanding of the Free-to-Play market and MMOs
Some of the things we can offer you:
Competitive Salary and Employee Share Options: We want to build a successful company which means sharing the companies potential wins with those who contributed
Flexible working: It’s all about balance so feel free to work from home when you need toParental Leave Policy: We couldn’t get where we are today without our families
Diversity and Inclusion: We are proud to be a part of the Project F program committing to 50:50 over the next 3 years
Employee Assistance Program: Access to 24/7 counselling for you and your family including confidential financial, work, relationship, or wellbeing support.
Ideal office Location: Currently located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Equipment perks: We provide you with all the hardware you need to succeed, plus an additional $750 to set up your new home office
Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
Learning opportunities: Thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers
Additional Information:Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.