Qualifications No qualifications
A bit about us:
Evidence and data-based monetization lie at the heart of every free-to-play game. Within any complex system, there are a multitude of levers to pull that can change the player’s perception of the value of a system and allow them to choose to invest in it. We are looking for someone who can see into that system and fine-tune it to increase monetization and profitability.
Our digital trading card game, Gods Unchained, contains a system of incentives even more complex and unique than a regular free-to-play game, in that the assets you earn or purchase in-game can then be bought and sold as NFTs on the blockchain or Immutable X marketplace.
We are looking for a Game Economy/Monetization Designer who can understand the game, its rewards and the viability and liquidity of the secondary market when designing the monetization strategy.
You will be responsible for shaping the financial success of our groundbreaking digital trading card game. You will have a pivotal role in the future of Gods Unchained, and will also contribute to the success of our other games and products.
This is a unique opportunity for you to interact and design with a new and cutting-edge technology that is paving the way for blockchain-based gaming to become mainstream. This role is perfect for you if you have a passion for paving the way for crypto-based gaming economies and have experience with the traditional free-to-play gaming economies.
Here’s how you’ll contribute:
- Find unique solutions to hard game design problems leveraging features of blockchain
- Create features and player options that will allow users to increase their financial benefit through the creation, minting, and selling of their own NFTs
- Evaluate Gods Unchained’s current state core loop vs best in class
- Propose new game modes for Gods Unchained that result in higher engagement
- Define quality work procedures and improve the function of the team
- Generate concepts for future Immutable Games titles
- Increase the revenue of Immutable through your ideas and game design
- Analyse current processes and implement changes to our monetization workflow that sees an immediate improvement in data analysis
A bit about you:
- 4 years experience with some form of monetization, either within mobile games or other free to play games
- Game design experience having designed more than 3 games Highly skilled and experienced in monetization systems
- You are very data-driven, make logical decisions and have an experiment-driven outlook Understanding and interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- You can demonstrate how you have affected the revenue for games and articulate ways it worked and ways that it did not
- Deep knowledge of core game loops, monetization metrics, and marketing integration
- Some extra skills that would be awesome:Gained an economics degree Worked on a TCG (digital or physical)
- Worked on a mobile game Worked on a free-to-play-game
Some of the things we can offer you:
Competitive Salary and Employee Share Options: We want to build a successful company which means sharing the companies potential wins with those who contributed
Flexible working: Work-life balance is important to us, so feel free to work from home as needed
Diversity and Inclusion: We are a workspace that has committed to diversity and inclusion and have joined the Project F programme
Employee Assistance Program: 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
Ideal office location: Currently located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Equipment perks: We provide you with all the hardware you need to succeed, plus an additional $750 to set up your new home office
Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
Learning opportunities: Thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers
Additional Information:Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.