Qualifications No qualifications
A bit about us:Each year, billions of dollars are spent on in-game items with next to none going back to players. At Immutable, we believe players should be rewarded for the time and money they choose to invest in games, using the power of blockchain to bring true ownership to players in the digital space.
We are looking for a Game Writer or Narrative Designer to join our RPG game, Guild of Guardians (GOG), team. You will work closely with our Creative Director and Games Designers, to create and own the story. As a Game Writer, your work will directly translate into objects sold in our game, providing you with high design ownership and creativity autonomy.
*Please note this role is a contract position with an initial duration of 4 months*
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the Creative Director and Game Designers to develop the world, lore, and characters of Guild of Guardians (GOG)
- Contribute to the consistency and integrity of the writing across all types and forms of narrative/worldbuilding content
- Write, review, and edit dialogue, quest text and item descriptions
- Iterate on and modify work based on direction from the Creative Director and other writers
- Collaborate with Game Designers to create and integrate content based on our external partners into the world of GOG
- Generate and maintain story treatments, and other supporting narrative documentation
- Collaborate with Game Designers to provide writing support for new features and other design requests
- Promote healthy, sustainable workflows
- Shipped at least two games as Narrative Designer or Game Writer
- Experience writing for IPs/games set in an expansive, content-rich world
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work well under deadlines
- Experience working with spreadsheets and other tools to ensure that content makes it in-game correctly
- Comfortability working across other disciplines like localisation, QA, engineering, and UX/UI and push for improvements
- 4+ years of industry experience as a narrative designer or game writer
- The ability to help create and nurture a positive, imaginative creative working environment
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience working with high-profile franchises/IPs
- Hands-on experience with Unity
Some of the things we can offer you:
Flexible working: Work-life balance is important to us, so feel free to work from home as needed
Diversity and Inclusion: We are a workspace that has committed to diversity and inclusion and have joined the Project F programme
Ideal office location: Currently located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Learning opportunities: Thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers
Additional Information:Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.