HELP US BUILD THE FUTURE OF MONEY
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
Gemini is looking to hire a Compliance leader for the UK. Joining a rapidly growing and high quality digital asset exchange that is established in the United States and regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services, this appointment will be central to expansion in the UK market.
Key to these growing aspirations will be building effective regulatory relationships and licenses. This individual will be tasked with building proactive relationships with the FCA and future-proofing Gemini’s UK business to commercial and regulatory developments. They will work closely with other stakeholders locally and globally, charting the course for compliance operations in the UK market to ensure our compliance practices and jurisdictional prudence is aligned with our overall company objectives.
- Oversee Gemini UK compliance programme
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the regulatory requirements and ensure any developments and changes are incorporated into procedures and practices as appropriate
- Oversee KYC/CDD and AML/CTF checks conducted by both outsourced and local compliance staff
- Liaise with the FCA, maintaining an effective and open relationship with the regulator and managing all regulatory inquiries and reviews, including reporting and notification matters, in collaboration with Gemini’s UK leadership
- Track new or revised regulations and implement internal procedures and processes to ensure compliance for the commercial activities of Gemini
- Provide regulatory training to relevant staff on regulatory and legislative requirements and the maintenance of training records
- Review, assess and enhance compliance policies and procedures and the compliance monitoring programme to reflect regulatory developments and best practices
- Timely and proactively escalate issues resulting from compliance monitoring, resolution tracking and management/board reporting
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records and details to prepare effective management and board reports
- Proactively cooperate with other functions and key stakeholders to ensure that company objectives are achieved, even when these lie outside usual areas of responsibility
- Review technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in the industry and monitor evolving developments to continually update and improve regulatory processes and frameworks in the region
- Previous compliance experience in technology platforms such as e-commerce, payment services, wider financial services, credit cards or global transaction services and exchanges
- In addition to a demonstrable track record as either a senior Compliance, Risk and/or Legal executive, the individual will possess strong business acumen and judgement and the ability to be a business-minded regulatory advisor
- Proven experience gained within a relevant, regulated financial services organisation and a strong understanding of relevant products and services, including current knowledge of their regulatory requirements
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and relationship building abilities
- The experience, confidence and stature to make a strong impact at all levels of the organisation as well as to liaise effectively and proactively with regulators
- A tech-savvy, curious and innovative professional and team player with the proven ability to develop and run an effective compliance program in an energetic, pragmatic, flexible and professional manner
- A proven track record of successfully advising, influencing and representing an international company with complex regulatory and legal matters; legal background is a plus
- Ability to proactively analyse relevant business drivers and strategies with senior management and colleagues to put in place appropriate processes and controls.