Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Team: Gemini Ireland
As we launch Gemini in the European Region we need to articulate an existing story to the Irish market – both institutional and consumers. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, brand marketing, acquisition tactics, knowledge of regulatory headwinds, PR, and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Head of Finance and Outsourcing
Gemini is looking to hire a Head of Finance and Outsourcing for Ireland. Joining a rapidly growing and high quality digital asset exchange that is established in the United States and regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services, this appointment will be central to our aim of expansion in the region.
- Develop financial and other applicable plans to realize strategic goals and deliver on the execution for Gemini’s Ireland business.
- Design and constantly improve a reporting system which allows all stakeholders to make managerial decisions about business: other managers, MD, Board, shareholders.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures and internal business controls that ensure sustainable and profitable business growth.
- Manage key external relationships with a wide range of constituents including investment bankers, investors, commercial bankers, business partners, insurers, key vendors, lawyers and audit professionals.
- Advise on strategic client and equity partnerships with a focus on long-term deal analysis, forecasting, business planning, and critical risks.
- Lead all financial planning and analysis, budget forecasting and re-forecasting, financial preparation and presentation
- Translate financial analysis into actionable insights for strategic planning, cash flow management, financing and board and investor meetings
- Assure timely and accurate financial closing processes including overall responsibility of completion of quarterly and annual audits.
- Facilitate Ireland operational tax strategies, audits, and currency exchange rate strategies.
- Oversee outsourced activities to Gemini affiliates and any sub-outsourcing to other third party service providers, ensuring services are provided in accordance with the respective regulatory requirements and internal policies, processes and procedures and agreed service level agreements.
- Evaluate and improve processes and systems to identify opportunities to streamline and focus current efforts to ensure operational excellence and support of overall business growth.
- Perform other activities required to achieve the company goals.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, finance or related field. An advanced graduate degree is a plus
- Previous Financial operations experience in technology platforms such as e-Commerce, Payment Services, wider Financial Services, Credit Cards or Global Transaction Services and Exchanges will be advantageous
- Proven experience gained within a relevant, regulated financial services organisation and a strong understanding of relevant products and services, including current knowledge of their regulatory financial requirements.
- The ability to learn quickly in a fast paced and changing financial environment with the demonstrated capacity for excellent judgment, communication and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and relationship building abilities
- Experience of working within sophisticated and international financial services businesses
- Has an understanding of GAAP and maintains industry related technical expertise.
- The experience, confidence and stature to make a strong impact at all levels of the organisation as well as to liaise effectively and proactively with the Regulator and rest of our Leadership team
- Data-driven leadership skills with a multi-layered understanding of the economics and drivers for a growth oriented business.
- The ability to design the work processes, plans, KPIs, and incentive schemes for the team to deliver on our company goals.
- Experience with debt and equity financing, and M&A transactions would be a plus, to include managing the capital structures of a company in the fintech/crypto space (equity, debt, working capital facilities, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will have a regulatory financial background but, in any event, he/she will possess a proven track record of successfully advising, influencing and representing an international company with complex regulatory, financial and legal matters.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, retirement contributions, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.