At Genesis, we believe in working hard and enjoying ourselves while doing so. We value relationships with our clients and within our team. We are passionate about the work we do and are excited to be on the forefront of the fast-paced, constantly changing, digital currency revolution.
Genesis Trading provides access to block size liquidity for high net worth individuals or institutions looking to buy or sell digital currency. Genesis Capital, a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group and an affiliate of Genesis Trading, offers institutions the ability to borrow digital currencies in large sizes over fixed or open terms. Genesis Asia Pacific carries out Digital Payment Token activities under the Payment Services Act of 2019.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic risk and compliance analyst who will work closely with the Head of Risk Management and Chief Compliance Officer in New York and with the Director of Trading and Vice President of Operations in Singapore.
The candidate will employ robust and efficient processes as it relates to fund flows, collateral and counterparty risk management in relation to loan pricing and margin controls. They should be comfortable thinking about overall risk management at the enterprise level, as well as implementing comprehensive risk, legal and compliance framework.
This analyst will contribute to the growth, development and daily operation of Genesis Asia Pacific in Singapore.
- Assist in augmenting Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Collateral management – tracking movement of collateral, monitoring and issuing margin calls
- Work closely with Operations on transfers of digital assets and associated collateral
- Liquidity management
- Assist in market risk management of trading operations
- Liaise with internal group on initiatives as necessary
- Transaction monitoring: Trading
- Conduct BSA/AML compliance analysis as part of alert/case processing, including open source, negative media searches
- Effectively communicate with lines of businesses to obtain additional information and documentation as needed
- Recommend appropriate follow-up and possible action for customers that exceed the Firms risk tolerance
- Monitoring Lending Desk activity
- Monitoring terms sheets for term accuracy
- Applying jurisdictional and legal analysis to loan rate permissibility
- Keep records of all documentation
- Ensure compliance with Singapore regulatory requirements as well other Asia-Pacific jurisdictions
- Under the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer, coordinate response to Singapore regulatory inquiries, examinations, and audits
- Execute periodic compliance and operational risk management assessments
- Conduct periodic live compliance training
- Utilize blockchain analysis software to perform enhanced due diligence (“EDD”) related to digital asset provenance
- Perform day-to-day compliance monitoring and surveillance of staff, including FINRA registered persons, and escalate potential issues to the CCO
- 2-5 years of credit or market risk management and/or 5-7 years compliance experience
- Strong technical skills including Excel/VBA (eg: financial modeling)
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or Japanese a plus
- A shaper who is entrepreneurial in nature with the ability to drive initiatives and create processes and systems in a new and fast-moving industry and high-pressured environment
- Methodical thinker with an analytical mindset
- Proven ability to excel in solving analytically complex problems
- Strong Work Ethic and a high degree of energy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Equivalent of $85,000-$125,000 USD, depending on experience
- A unique opportunity to be on the forefront of the digital currency revolution