Open source software delivers billions of dollars per year in economic value, but the developers themselves aren’t properly incentivized or compensated. Gitcoin is an incentivization power-tool for open source software repositories.
Gitcoin pushes open source forward by enabling software developers to fund open source software with cryptocurrency. Gitcoin is the first blockchain-enabled funding tool built by and for software developers.
We sustain open source software by incentivising developers to contribute to open source, and provide a platform for open source projects to receiving matching funding via innovative economic tools like quadratic funding.
If you are a senior engineer who is passionate about sustaining open source and is looking for a new challenge, we want to talk to you 🙂
- You are driven to create customer value. You can empathize with customers and our user base to understand their needs and make the right decisions to make using the platform as seamless as possible.
- You have a bias towards action. You get things done. When you can’t get them done, you communicate why.
- You are respectful towards our community, our customers and your teammates.
- You inspire engineers around you to be better at what they do. You inspire the community of coders at Gitcoin.
- You believe in creating a better world. Your missions is to grow & support open source software and to create a blockchain ecosystem that does so.
- Linux and Docker
- Awareness of cross-browser/device/blockchain compatibility issues, scalability and client-side performance considerations
How to Apply:
You can use the apply functionality on this job board. 95% of candidates are going to do that.
We’re not very good at doing traditional job interviews and whiteboard screenings. They don’t really approximate what working together is like. Come join our community, turn around a bounty or two, and contact the core engineering team through Gitcoin and let us know you are interested!