Qualifications No qualifications
ChainSafe Systems is currently seeking a Technical Lead with strong knowledge of Golang to join our Engineering team. Our company is growing fast, and with both a clear vision and strong values, we are the industry leaders in designing and developing scalable solutions for the decentralized web.
When you join the ChainSafe tight-knit team, you’ll become a part of our talented, compassionate, and open-minded crew that directly contributes to realizing the potential of Web3 through sustainable open-source development. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, we are interested in you!
We are looking for a trustworthy and proactive Technical Lead with experience managing teams in uncertain environments. Bonus points for experience in blockchain or distributed systems. As a Technical Lead at ChainSafe, you can expect to work on cutting-edge technology in an open and collaborative manner. You will be expected to take ownership of projects and play a lead role in all elements of the project life-cycle: research, design, development, testing, Q/A, and deployment.
Tech Lead Responsibilities
- Maintain a deep understanding of the relevant technology and ecosystems
- Work with Project Manager to effectively plan projects and delegate tasks
- Participate in discussions with various project stakeholders
- Provide support and training for other developers
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Play a key role in architectural and design decisions
- Mentor other developers and do active code reviews
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripts
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Strong knowledge of Golang including paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- 3+ years professional software development experience, preferably building distributed systems or applications
- Concrete understanding of core blockchain concepts
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Effective usage of Golang debugging tools
- Basic understanding of cryptography and common applications
- Ability to write clean and effective documentation and comments
Nice to Have
- Familiar with Git and GitHub/GitLab
- Can construct and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with RPC, WebSockets, or GraphQL
- Contributions to Web3.0 projects
- Experience working with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience working with any public cloud service (eg. AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Understanding of Web 2.0 concepts and architecture
ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain research & development firm, with a focus on building infrastructure for Web3. We are actively contributing to the Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Cosmos, Polkadot, and Filecoin ecosystems and are open to contributing to other Web3 ecosystems where we see merit. Check out our website and our Github to learn more!
We are a very unique company in a unique space. Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are growing quickly (~40 people now) and are building a global reputation in this nascent space.
Things We Care About
Openness: We welcome differing ideas and beliefs without judgment and practice candor and respect in all communications
Learning: We relentlessly identify opportunities to improve both professionally and personally, while working on unproven but promising technology
Collaboration: We believe that we can achieve more as a team than we ever could individually and are eager to give and receive constructive feedback in order to improve
Compassion: We recognize each individual’s humanity, treat everyone with love & kindness, and go above & beyond in helping everyone feel at home
Accountability: We follow through on duties, responsibilities, & commitments in a timely fashion and admit mistakes even if no one else sees them while taking ownership for any consequences of our decisions
Diligence: We hold ourselves and our colleagues accountable to a high standard and look for the long-term solution instead of providing a short-term fix
Freedom: We respect autonomy and independence and encourage others to express themselves freely
Friendliness: We inject our personality and random fun things into ordinary routines and don’t take things too seriously even in stressful situations
Is remote OK?
We are a remote-friendly organization and have a large office in Chinatown in Toronto available for anyone to come to work out of. Our relaxed open-concept office boasts multiple meeting rooms and lounge spaces.
Are you open to Contractors?
Yes, we want to provide flexibility but we do have a minimum hour commitment per week
What’s the Stack?
What are the Perks?
Fast opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, tons of autonomy and responsibility, results-driven environment, international team, exposure to a wide array of ecosystems and trailblazing technology, flexible work hours.
How to Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Please apply with the following:
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built and done (e.g. your portfolio, Github, LinkedIn)
- Please include something beautiful you’ve implemented in the past if possible!
- If you have examples of a project where you iterated after learning new things from potential users, please talk about that!
ChainSafe is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, incomes, and ages. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.