Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Upland (https://upland.me/) is the earth’s metaverse that sits on top of the real world where people buy, sell and trade virtual properties based on actual addresses. They play various mini-games, earn money via virtual businesses and connect in virtual settings with like-minded community members. Upland is available for iOS, Android, and the mobile web and uses blockchain technology to power “true ownership” of digital assets. It launched into open beta in January 2020 and became the largest blockchain game eight months later. Uplandme, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley, California, founded in 2018 by three serial entrepreneurs.
To expand its reach beyond blockchain aficionados and towards a mass-market audience, we are looking for a talented part-time Growth Marketing Intern to assist our growth marketing department with ongoing advertising and promotional efforts. Our ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to get real-time hands-on experience building social media campaigns and preparing promotional materials and presentations while also assisting with day-to-day administrative responsibilities. They will also help develop engaging content to attract and retain users and be able to expand the Company’s digital footprint and brand awareness.
- Collaborate with our Growth Marketing Manager on strategies to grow our user base and social media following
- Manage and update the Company’s databases and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Perform market analysis and research on the competition
- Assist in the development of digital content, such as posts, emails, social media posts
- Pull social media reports and draw and communicate insights into what’s working and what’s not
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in updating marketing content calendar and adhering to deadlines
- Conduct support research and work on special ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- Successful completion of introductory courses in marketing, business, or equivalent
- Understanding of SEO techniques and best practices
- Have skills and marketing know-how in areas such as content development, research, social media, and project management
- Exceptional entrepreneurial judgment, strong work ethic, and ability to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient with the use of Google Suite
- 1+ years of experience with HubSpot customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- 1+ years of experience with social media management tools (i.e., Hootsuite)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting priorities, and the fast pace of a startup
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and at least one other language (German or French preferred) a strong plus
Come and work with a passionate, highly experienced, innovative team and have a wide range of independence while solving fascinating problems that span gaming, economics, marketing, computing, and sociology. Capitalize on the opportunity to grow with Upland in terms of responsibilities and your career.
You will start hands-on together with the product, business development, and community teams. We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits. Upland is based in Silicon Valley and has distributed team members around the globe.