Built by a team featuring engineers and leaders from Google, Apple, Amazon, Stanford and Harvard, Harmony is a fast and secure blockchain with key innovations in state sharding and peer-to-peer networking.
Its sharding uses secure proof-of-stake and decentralised randomness, and its networking achieves optimal cross-shard routing and fast block propagation.
Harmony helps businesses build marketplaces of fungible tokens (such as energy credits and loyalty points) and non-fungible assets (such as game collectibles and real estate).
Harmony is applying zero-knowledge proofs for data sharing while preserving the consumer’s privacy. Common industry use cases include ad exchanges, credit ratings and many other data consortia that would otherwise take many years to form among competing companies.
Harmony had a successful IEO on Binance Launchpad on 31 May, 2019.
We’re looking for some of the following attributes:
- 3-5 year software application development experience in Linux environment is required, full stack skills are a big bonus.
- Experience in working with partner to provide technical solution and architecture.
- Crypto currency/blockchain understanding or enthusiasm to learn is highly desired. Experience with Solidity, Smart Contract, or dApp development is a huge plus.
- Excellent communication in English or multiple languages.
- Customer support or community management experience is a plus.
What will you work on?
Harmony Validator Community:
The engineer would be involved in managing the Harmony validator community, to provide training, education, support, managing key community leaders, providing technical solution to the validator community. Effective and proactive communication with the community is the key to the success of this role.
The developer would also work on improving tooling around blockchain, like blockchain explorer (explorer.harmony.one), monitoring of nodes, smart contract deployment and other such tools as maybe required for engaging node runners and greater crypto community to have a view into our blockchain.
Blockchain dApp development:
The engineer will work our partner to develop dApp on Harmony blockchain. To provide technical solution to partner and integrate partner applications on our blockchain. The engineer needs to learn different application on blockchain, like fungible token, non-fungible token, defi protocols, and provide training, documentation, and support to the dApp developer community as well.
Why work for Harmony?
- You will have the opportunity to work with a team of exceptionally talented engineers (see our founding story), who live by the values of empathy, passion and excellence in one of the most exciting and highly regarded blockchain project in the world!
- We are still at the early stage of blockchain or decentralized ledger technologies. The opportunities ahead are endless. You will be developing tooling for a high performance and scalable blockchain that will enable new decentralized economies through use cases like ai-data marketplaces, decentralized maps and many others.
Some benefits at Harmony:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Meals everyday
- Periodic company retreats
- Macbook Pro, Phone and other accessories included.
- Ping-pong table, VR games
- 401K matchup